Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Brushes and pole skimmer head

1. Back To Top    #1

Brushes and pole skimmer head

The ones that came with the house are in rough shape, the bristles fall out of the brush every time I clean the walls!

I also want a hand brush to clean the edges, and stairs.

What do you recommend?
    25k Gallon IG, Vinyl liner, In Floor Cleaning System, Jacuzzi Earthworks DE 75 filter, Hayward H Series Propane Heater, TF-100 Test-Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Brushes and pole skimmer head

I really like the Wall Whale for a pole brush.

For a hand brush, look in the mop and broom aisle at the grocery store. Any scrub brush that's comfortable will work, as long as it is all plastic. Trust me, using a short pole brush by hand is uncomfortable.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Wall Whale brush for sure. I also have a small wire brush for my pole.
    Inground 22k gallon gunite 15x31 main pool, 15x7 wading pool/sunning deck, hot tub/with overflow (9' octagon with limestone top) & slide NSWG, Aqua Blue Pebble Sheen
    Filter dual cartridge Sta-rite 450sq/ft, TF-100 Test Kit
    Heater Raypak 2100 400k btu cupro-nickel exchanger
    Auto pool cover, Polaris 280 auto pool cleaner, Jandy AqualinkRS8 Remote Control System

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by wjr75 View Post
    Wall Whale brush for sure. I also have a small wire brush for my pole.
    Did you note that the OP has a vinyl pool? If he takes a wire brush to that........................................................ ..........................................................ho w many patches will he need?
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

5. Back To Top    #5

no I didn't see that. nix the wire brush...it's Friday and miller time
    Inground 22k gallon gunite 15x31 main pool, 15x7 wading pool/sunning deck, hot tub/with overflow (9' octagon with limestone top) & slide NSWG, Aqua Blue Pebble Sheen
    Auto pool cover, Polaris 280 auto pool cleaner, Jandy AqualinkRS8 Remote Control System

6. Back To Top    #6

We have a Sweepease Aquadynamic brush here at our condo. Works pretty well, and certainly much better than the one we replaced.

John
    IG 33K Gallons 20'X40', Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter S310T2 (zeolite), Pentair Intelliflo 3HP SVRS Pump

7. Back To Top    #7

I thought the wire brush recomendation was for the stairs and ladder, lol!
    25k Gallon IG, Vinyl liner, In Floor Cleaning System, Jacuzzi Earthworks DE 75 filter, Hayward H Series Propane Heater, TF-100 Test-Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

Should I get the Wall Whale XL or the Classic?

9. Back To Top    #9

I read from reviews on amazon that the XL made it to hard to push. I went with the classic which works nice for me.

10. Back To Top    #10

Wall Whale came in today, thanks everyone! Great tool.

Skimmer heads..... I want one that is just flat meaning no bag style. Also something with rubber edges that won't cause issues with the vinyl liner. Any suggestions?

11. Back To Top    #11

I'm gearing up to take over the maintenance of my pool this month, and I'm looking at brushes. Having read the reviews and posts above for the Wall Whale, Wall Whale XL, and SweepEase, does anyone have any further reasoning for one over the other? I'm leaning towards the SweepEase as it seems to be well built and possibly easier to push along the bottom.

First time post, so please have mercy. I'm happy to start a new thread if appropriate.

14.5k gal IG tiled pool/spa with spillover, Pentair 3HP IntelliFlo VS pump, Triton II TR60 sand filter with ClearPro, Hayward spa heater model H100ID1, Zodiac iAquaLink IQ904-PS control, Pentair IntelliBrite 5G LED
    Taylor K-2006 test kit w/ SpeedStir, planning to try TF-100 test kit when chemicals run out!

12. Back To Top    #12

Following up on my previous post, I'm happy to report that I purchased a SweepEase brush and am delighted with it. It's a bit smaller than I expected, but the force delivered while brushing is great. I'm actually thankful for the size given the ease at which I can clean the steps in my pool and the benches in the spa. Very nimble indeed!

14.5k gal IG tiled pool/spa with spillover, Pentair 3HP IntelliFlo VS pump, Triton II TR60 sand filter with ClearPro, Hayward spa heater model H100ID1, Zodiac iAquaLink IQ904-PS control, Pentair IntelliBrite 5G LED
    Taylor K-2006 test kit w/ SpeedStir, planning to try TF-100 test kit when chemicals run out!

13. Back To Top    #13

TFP Guide

In the Industry

These pool brushes have brushes that will always become brittle and end up on the pool surface. Its the combination of chlorine and UV that breaks them down. The same happens for vacuum heads. Some stores will actually sell replacement brushes for vacuum heads that cost $1.99. No need to throw out the actual vacuum head.

Me, I buy the cheapest brush I can an toss at end of season.

14. Back To Top    #14

I guess I'll have to learn the hard way. I had an XL wall whale for about 3 weeks and the fin cracked. Amazon gave me a refund but let me keep it, and I ordered a sweep ease to try.. which isn't quite as good, but will probably last longer without breaking.
    14K Freeform Gunite w/60% Blue Quartz plaster, Quad DE filter, Intelliflo VS Pump + Booster for Cleaner, Aquacal Heat Pump