Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Rain

1. Back To Top    #1

Rain

I am a new pool owner and just started using bleach to chlorinate my pool. I know you should shock the pool after heavy swimming. Should I use bleach and "slam" the pool or use actual power plus shock for this?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Rain

Quote Originally Posted by j_obru View Post
    I am a new pool owner and just started using bleach to chlorinate my pool. I know you should shock the pool after heavy swimming. Should I use bleach and "slam" the pool or use actual power plus shock for this?
    Following our methods you should NEVER need to shock your pool.

Test, maintain proper FC levels ans enjoy the pool.

Sorry, but back to Pool School for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Where are my manners, welcome to TFP!!
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

When I expect heavy swimming I raise my ppm by 2 over the target, so that it doesn't go below the minimum after the swimming is done.
    23K gallon, IG, Vinyl, Hayward DE-3600 Filter, Raypak 406A Heater, Hayward 1.5HP SP2610X15 pump aka AO Smith UST1152, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Unlike some, I have manners . . . Welcome to the forum

+1 good advise and also the one about raising up the chlorine level before a swim party or if you know you'll have a heavier swimmer load than normal.
    Do you have a test kit yet ??

If you read some of the pool school articles you will understand. Using the method here not only gives you sparkling clear water it does it for a lot less $$$ than using "try this" pool store advise and their spendy chemicals.
    "POOL SCHOOL" is also available in the upper right of the screen. It has it's own button !!

Quote Originally Posted by tim5055 View Post
    Following our methods you should NEVER need to shock your pool.

Test, maintain proper FC levels ans enjoy the pool.

Sorry, but back to Pool School for you.

- - - Updated - - -
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. ? too cold
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit - TFTestkits.net
    Please help keep the lights on, become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

If you read this thread he was using Leslie's Power Plus too. Well, before he saw the TFP light !!
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...high-CYA-no-FC
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. ? too cold
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit - TFTestkits.net
    Please help keep the lights on, become a TFP Supporter!