Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Coral-bellied Ring-necked Snake

1. Back To Top    #1

Coral-bellied Ring-necked Snake

Has anyone ever seen one of these? This little guy was so scared he tried to slither in between the hose and the float. I finally got him out and set him free near the back of the yard.

orange2.jpg
    Gunite/Plaster pool at 13k gallons. All Jandy with CL340 series cartridge filter, 1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump. Jandy 1400 SWCG and PDA4 controller. Dual waterfalls. Polaris 280. Pool installed August 2012. Southern Louisiana. And lets not forget my trusty TF100 test kit!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Coral-bellied Ring-necked Snake

Wow....pretty little guy...

Fiberglass Caged Pool Circa 1995
    15' x 32' - 16k Gallons
    Central, FL
    Hayward Cartridge Filter System

3. Back To Top    #3

I can't tell, but does his eye look a little foggy? If so, that's how they look when they are about to molt. They get very "shy" when they are about to molt because the skin over their eye obscures their vision.

Cool looking snake! Glad you didn't kill it.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

Much Karma to you for letting the little guy go free. Pretty sure this it it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diadophis_punctatus
    TF-100 | 13.6k gal (24' Round) AG | Chlorine | Sand Filter | Two Speed Motor | Installed June 2014 | Last Opened April 24 2016

5. Back To Top    #5

You should have seen him, he was hanging on to that hose for dear life. I never kill snakes unless they are dangerous. They are too important to our ecology.
    Gunite/Plaster pool at 13k gallons. All Jandy with CL340 series cartridge filter, 1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump. Jandy 1400 SWCG and PDA4 controller. Dual waterfalls. Polaris 280. Pool installed August 2012. Southern Louisiana. And lets not forget my trusty TF100 test kit!