Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Any ideas for soaking taller cartridges?

1. Back To Top    #1

Any ideas for soaking taller cartridges?

Any ideas for soaking taller cartridges? What container do you soak them in?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How to clean a cartridge filter

This is what I use to soak all 4 in at the same time.
    My filters are 25.5" tall so they all just fit.

3. Back To Top    #3

Mine are much taller--32 1/16" Did you post a picture of what you use?
    Salinda
    owner of ~37,000 gallon plaster IG pool/spa combo. Intelliflo VS+ filter pump, 2 hp whisperflo spa jet pump, Jandy Aqualink RS-6 with iAqualink upgrade, The Pool Cleaner 4x suction cleaner, Clean & Clear Plus 520 cartridge filter, Zodiac Clearwater LM2-40 SWG, Sta-rite 400k heater, solar heat pads and coils, Solar-Breeze NX.

4. Back To Top    #4

My filter is about 30 " tall. I bought one of those plastic storage bins with the cover that was about 32 " long. The filter fits in there no problem, and the cover is nice to keep kids out of it. Only thing is that it is heavy with all that water/cleaning solution in it, but works great.
    Upstate/Central New York. Roman style IG fiberglass pool, 13X33, 8800 gallons, installed July 2012. Pentair cartridge filter, 1 hp Pentair single speed pump. Taylor K2006 Test kit. Went BBB route in spring of 2013, no problems, no regrets!!!!!!

5. Back To Top    #5

Re: Any ideas for soaking taller cartridges?

A Large Plastic Trash Can works pretty well. It does not have to be dedicated to this use either. Just put a liner in and add your solution/water. Close it up and give them a good soak.
    19204 Gallon L Shape with a 10X10 2nd Step Baja Ledge. Intellichlor IC-40, IntellipH, Cartridge Filter, Pentair Heater/Chiller (Heat Pump). Tons of Deck with Deck Jets. Construction Complete 6/5/17.

"If you don't measure it, you can't manage it!"