Pool eating salt, no way!

It seems like you are running the salt too low. Intellichlor manual says salt should be 3000 - 4500 ppm (ideal 3400 ppm). Put it to 3500 and see if that makes it happy. If not, try 4000. There is nothing wrong with running salt level up to 4500 if needed.

With the Intellichlor saying it is 2400-2500 now and my TF salt test kit saying it is 3400 and I add enough salt to get it to 3500 on the Intellichlor my TF salt kit is going to read prolly 4500+.

I was really hoping I could clean it and it see what the TF kit is reading. I have a tenancy to believe the TF kit is more accurate.

Well, you might be able to get by for a while longer by raising the salt level, but eventually when you have to get a new cell you will have to replace water to lower the true salt level.

You could try to have the cell tested at a pool store.

And yes that will get expensive, especially the Pentair cells that cost more.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am not aware of a generic cell, and usually they are not recommended anyway. You are stuck with Pentair. Seems silly that they put the electronics in the cell making it more expensive.

Just wanted to give a follow up post on the results.

Finally changed my flow switch last night and the EasyTouch is reading the same thing my drip test kit reads this morning when I checked it. Gonna look at it again this afternoon after work and see what it reads. Hopefully this has solved the problem and i get another few years out of the cell. Time will tell!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.