Does this go here or Chem 101?

S1ngram

Jun 7, 2014
St. Bernise, Indiana
I originally figured my pool volume to be 19,300 gallons, but it is closer to 17,100 gallons. I added 6.4 lbs. stabilizer to bring my first calculated volume up to a CYA of 40. Upon refiguring my pool volume, I learned that I added nearly 13 oz to much stabilizer. I removed 13 oz of wet CYA from one of the socks hanging in my pool. Since there was water weight involved, I know that I removed less than 13 oz CYA, I just don't know how much more to remove.

Should I just test CYA regularly over the next few days and then remove whatever has not dissolved by the time I reach 40?

Can the wet CYA be kept or should I just pitch it?

The CYA may not show up on the test for a week after it dissolves, so checking regularly will not work. Just make your best estimate on how much to remove. Then after a week test the CYA and see where you are.

At worst, if you leave it all in, you would be at a CYA of 45ppm which is still within range and within the accuracy of the test anyway. Odds are you pool is not exactly 19300 or 17100 ... there are lots of estimates in this game ... although with a round pool, you should be able to get pretty close :D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.