Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Newly Filled Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Hauppauge, NY

Newly Filled Pool

Ok my liner is getting replaced this weekend yay... Therefore pool will be getting filled with fresh tap water.

What should my plan of attack be with my chemicals

I was going to test once full and right away get my PH correct. Next I was going add enough chlorine to get my pool into range, then I was going to add my stabilizer.

According to the Pool calculator I need to add approx 12 lbs of stabilizer to the pool to get it to 40 CYA. (how should I add 12 lbs of CYA, I have read the sock method but 12 lbs is a lot. Should this all be added at once in multiple socks or over a period of time.) If I am missing anything please let me know as Id like to get my chemicals ready so I am prepared for the weekend.

I am using a Taylor K-2006 Test Kit.

My pool specs are in my signature
    20 x 40 Inground Liner Walled Pool 33,000 Gallons, Hayward DE3620 Filter w/ multiport valve, Hayward SuperPump VS Pump. Stenner Fixed Rate Chlorinating Pump

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Newly Filled Pool

Sounds like a decent plan.

Test the pH, TA, and CH. The CYA is 0 and the FC and CC are likely near zero as well.

I would add 2ppm of FC first. Then adjust the pH and TA as needed. And get the CYA dissolving as soon as you can (multiple socks or add it in multiple steps).

Keep an eye on the FC as the sun is going to destroy it pretty quickly until the CYA gets dissolved.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!