Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pool too "Sparkly"!!!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool too "Sparkly"!!!!

I have a major issue with this whole TFPC method stuff.....My pool is too sparkly!!!!!!! It is hard to see the bottom when I am trying to vacuum up any dirt that gets blown into the pool!!!

Todays test results (haven't done a full set in about a month)

FC-3.5
    CC-0
    PH-7.5
    Alk-90
    CYA-45

I have so much work to do on the pool. I have to add 16oz of bleach like I do everyday to get to 5ppm......then.....hmmm......should I just lay in the sun, swim....so much to do to the pool.....

Seriously though, this method is so easy AND works so well!! But I think pool boredom is going to be dangerous. Already looking at new liners and thinking about painting all the metal top panels around the pool when I have them off for liner replacement. There's nothing wrong with the liner, its just faded and soooo boring after looking at some of the new liners folks are putting in their pools lol.
    6500 gal above ground Doughboy with 200lb sand filter and solar panel heater. Converted from Baqua to BBB and never looking back!!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool too "Sparkly"!!!!

Looks great

I would caution you that you are at the minimum FC level for the CYA. I would suggest you never let it below 4ppm ... maybe start targeting 6ppm each day instead of 5ppm.

Looks like it is time to
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    Looks great

I would caution you that you are at the minimum FC level for the CYA. I would suggest you never let it below 4ppm ... maybe start targeting 6ppm each day instead of 5ppm.

Looks like it is time to
    Okay, will shoot for 6 . I would say it's time to swim but I like the water at 80 and it's only 74. Solar heater should have it up there by this weekend with nothing but sunny skies forcast for a week!! Woo hoo.
    6500 gal above ground Doughboy with 200lb sand filter and solar panel heater. Converted from Baqua to BBB and never looking back!!

4. Back To Top    #4

Hey! No such thing as "too sparkly"

Looks fabulous!....... enjoy......
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

He stole my water!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

6. Back To Top    #6

Lookin good!

Go get more water Woody!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

7. Back To Top    #7

Just remember you said that when YOUR water suddenly comes up missing.................
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

Great post and great looking pool water, golfingglen.

We don't get too many members from OR......how long is your swim season?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

9. Back To Top    #9

We had a warm spring this year (super dry around here, good for wildfires and swimming, bad for lake levels lol) so we were in the pool by Memorial day weekend. I have a 2'x20 solar heater that does a great job heating up my small pool when the sun beats down on it. I think last year we were swimming into October.

10. Back To Top    #10

Pretty sure I could have written this post! LOL I hate vacuuming when its sunny cause it's so hard to look at the water!
    Pool Owner since 2013 . 15'x48" AG Intex Metal Frame . 4500 Gallons . Intex 2100 GPH Sand Filter

11. Back To Top    #11

May I recommend polarized sun glasses?

12. Back To Top    #12

A cute cabana girl is a better option!
    Why are there no cabana girl/boy smilies?

Quote Originally Posted by woodyp View Post
    May I recommend polarized sun glasses?
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

13. Back To Top    #13

You'd think we could at least have one of those wobbling hula girl dashboard thingies.......................

14. Back To Top    #14

HOWDY VALLEY NEIGHBOR!!! *waves*

Thanks for reading... - Tony
    Da' Pool: Intex 15'x42" 3284gal AGP EasySet (Inflatable Ring) - (Summer 2014: 27' round EW /w 6.5' deep end @ 22,500gal)
    Pump & Cart Mod: 1000gph Cart. 5ft² - 2 nylons, 24/7 OP. Traps bugs/bits, lasts longer/cleans easier = Happier Pool Owner!!
    The Bible for a "Trouble Free Pool" life = PoolSchool, the BBB method a TF100 test kit(Recommend Kits Compared). - Cleaning a Sand Filter
    Water looks like GLASS, if yours doesn't...SLAM IT! Feels nice and never been happier!!! :D

15. Back To Top    #15

I know!

You'd think we could at least have one of those wobbling hula girl dashboard thingies.......................
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

16. Back To Top    #16

Now I know what to get you for Christmas Woody!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by y_not View Post
    HOWDY VALLEY NEIGHBOR!!! *waves*

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    Hey neighbor!!! I was just over in your neck of the woods a couple weeks ago helping fight that Two Bulls fire in Bend. Better not tell the local fire dept. that you have 3300 gallons of water just sitting there in the yard lol, might find a helicopter overhead dropping it's bucket in there for a drink .

18. Back To Top    #18

shimmery.jpg

I agree with Glenn, there is alot of work to this pool stuff! I have to add water, because the pool sees so much use the kids are constantly splashing the water out of it!

19. Back To Top    #19

Quote Originally Posted by golfinglenn View Post
    Hey neighbor!!! I was just over in your neck of the woods a couple weeks ago helping fight that Two Bulls fire in Bend.
    Hey back at ya! :waves:
    I used to live over there, miss it, believe it or not. But I have grown to like it here too. ^_^
    Funny thing is, I never even saw that fire when it was in full blaze, just the after smoke and a billowing column south of Awbrey Butte. Had no idea it was so bad until I saw the video, we get enough fires here that it just becomes part of the landscape in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by golfinglenn View Post
    Better not tell the local fire dept. that you have 3300 gallons of water just sitting there in the yard lol, might find a helicopter overhead dropping it's bucket in there for a drink .
    BAHAHA HAHA HAAA
    That's just too funny!! Lols and more Lols
    Hopefully next year I'll have around 22k gal in the backyard.

How long have you been a BBB convert? 3rd season here, busy spreading the word as best I can.
    Have at least one friend converted to it. Almost NO in ground pools here, maybe like 5 in the whole of Redmond that I have located. Lots of temporary/pop-up pools though.
    What are you paying for Cl over there?

Thanks for reading... - Tony
    Da' Pool: Intex 15'x42" 3284gal AGP EasySet (Inflatable Ring) - (Summer 2014: 27' round EW /w 6.5' deep end @ 22,500gal)
    Pump & Cart Mod: 1000gph Cart. 5ft² - 2 nylons, 24/7 OP. Traps bugs/bits, lasts longer/cleans easier = Happier Pool Owner!!
    The Bible for a "Trouble Free Pool" life = PoolSchool, the BBB method a TF100 test kit(Recommend Kits Compared). - Cleaning a Sand Filter
    Water looks like GLASS, if yours doesn't...SLAM IT! Feels nice and never been happier!!! :D

20. Back To Top    #20

There are only a few pools bigger than the seasonal O-Ring tops over here too. Season is just too short. My pool came with the house, otherwise I don't think I would have put it in.

I converted last year after the previous owners had been using Baqua for years. I had the pink slime and cloudy water. Converted and never looked back. This week I am going to do the Borate addition to soften the water up a little bit.

I get the cl from Costco. 3-128 oz jugs of 8.25 (7.85 actual) bleach for just under $10. I also have a hot tub and I literally haven't been to the pool store in over a year lol. People always comment how well they can see their toes, even in the deep end when they are standing there. So glad I found this site. When I first bought the house I tried to continue with Baqua since that is what was in there.......threw a couple hundred dollars away quick before I got "schooled" lol.

Glenn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast