Unexplained FC Consumption - SOLVED - although the Mystery Remains

So the ONLY THING that still bothers me, is that I still have an issue with my filter blowing dirt/sand/bugs back into the pool when I vacuum. The water is crystal clear now...but could the lack of performance in the filter caused all these problems ? I kind of "forgot" about this during this mess, because I had this issue last year, but the pool was always clear, just got dirty when I vacuumed.

I started a new thread to try and fix my filter issue...but now I wonder if that is/was related to my issue with this FC loss all along ??

Not really normal for "junk" to get through the filter (sand included). When you replaced your filter media with sand, were the laterals ok?

Perhaps your multi-port valve has a leak between stages?

I'm in uncharted territory here as I'm a DE filter guy.

Not really normal for "junk" to get through the filter (sand included). When you replaced your filter media with sand, were the laterals ok?

Perhaps your multi-port valve has a leak between stages?

I'm in uncharted territory here as I'm a DE filter guy.

Yeah I know...I got a new thread going in the pump section to get some experts.

My PB said my multiport valve is perfect and my laterals are OK and when I last checked I had no channeling, but something is going on.

May want to try a deep clean on the sand filter for grins. I was having cloudy/imbalance issues and my filter sand was 3 years old. Replaced the sand before reading about the deep clean method. Made all kinds of odd things stop happening.

So just a fun update...I was out of town...had the Stenner dosing a bit less than 2 PPM of FC per day.

This evening my FC level was 10.0 - HOLYCOW - now I have too much FC :eek:

Still baffled as ever...but I am holding FC like no tomorrow.

Dude, where's the picture of your baby with a raging case of sparklipoolitis??!

Wow, you certainly had a weird swim season for sure. I'm still holding on to the "your neighbor pee'd in your pool" theory, but I'll remain open-minded in case future evidence comes forward.

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So just a fun update...I was out of town...had the Stenner dosing a bit less than 2 PPM of FC per day.

This evening my FC level was 10.0 - HOLYCOW - now I have too much FC :eek:

Still baffled as ever...but I am holding FC like no tomorrow.

I posted another thread on this very issue with the use of the Stenner to dose chlorine. My pool may require a very different amount of bleach everyday depending on the weather. Here in Fort Worth it was hot and sunny on Friday and I had to put in a gallon of bleach Saturday morning. Saturday was cloudy and rainy and I did not need to put in any bleach on Sunday. Sunday was also cloudy and I had to put in very little bleach on Monday. Normally, this time of year, I need to add about a gallon per day.

With the Stenner dosing the same amount of bleach daily, I can see where you can find the chlorine to be either over or under what you desire.

I posted another thread on this very issue with the use of the Stenner to dose chlorine. My pool may require a very different amount of bleach everyday depending on the weather. Here in Fort Worth it was hot and sunny on Friday and I had to put in a gallon of bleach Saturday morning. Saturday was cloudy and rainy and I did not need to put in any bleach on Sunday. Sunday was also cloudy and I had to put in very little bleach on Monday. Normally, this time of year, I need to add about a gallon per day.

With the Stenner dosing the same amount of bleach daily, I can see where you can find the chlorine to be either over or under what you desire.

I understand your situation...but last year (according to my logged results) - my constant dosing kept me within 1 PPM all year, outside of crazy wild parties. So I really just have to continue to dial her in.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.