Fulton, ms
My new TF-100 got here today! :D

FC5.5
CC1.5
PH7.4
CH250
TA135
CYA25
CYA level was directly between 20 and 30, so I assumed CYA of 25.

Starting SLAM. Pool math said shock level is 10, so I added 28 oz of cal-hypo 65% to bring the FC level to 10. Waited about 30 mins while scrubbing walls then checked FC & CC again.

FC13.5
CC1.5
Here are pictures from today:

How exciting! The Junior Scientist Playset is here! :testkit:

You are aware that Cal-hypo is going to raise your CH level as it raises the FC level, right? The FC will disappear, but the CH won't. If it's leftovers you're using up, fine. Otherwise, buy liquid shock or plain bleach in the future. Also note that Cal-hypo can cause cloudiness for a day or two after it's been added. It also can react unpleasantly with certain algaecides, if the pool store suckered you into buying any in the past.

:salut: After the 50lb bucket is used up, we will switch to liquid chlorine. We still have about 15 lbs of trichlor that we were afraid to use because the pool store keep telling us our CYA was 100. We were pool stored into buying copper algaecide. We added about 20 ounces of it a little over a week ago. :shock: What kind of unpleasant reactions?

Don't keep using a product that is going to take your CH out of range. Once it gets too high, you will have to drain and replace water.
Clearly you CYA is not too high, so you could use some of the Trichlor (if you understand all the effects), although I would wait until after you finish the SLAM process using liquid chlorine.

Added 32 oz of cal hypo 65% at 6:30pm to bring fc level to about 15 according to pool math.

Tested 7:30 pm

FC - 20
CC - 2

Why did FC go up so much? Should CC go up at any point during this?
It probably didn't mix well. If you hit the pool with the brush and get some cross-currents going, it will mix better.

CC will be all over the place during the SLAM. At some point it will go down and stay down. You only need to worry about it after the water is clear. If the water is clear and the CC is less than .5, then you set the alarm extra early and do the overnight test. Until then, don't worry if CC bounces around.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
5:30 am

FC 13
CC 1.5

Filter pressure rose from 16 psi to 20psi after adding the de (9 hours)

Added 20 ounces of cal hypo 65% to bring fc to 16-17. Should be sunny today. I figure a 30-40% loss should keep me close to or above 10 fc.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.