Above Ground Pool Entry Systems - Steps - Help?

Jun 7, 2014
Langhorne, PA
Good morning,

I am new to this forum and ordered my first pool over the weekend. I chose the 21' Doughboy Desert Spring model. We plan to landscape the slope out of our backyard and have a retaining wall built w/ drainage, etc. and hopefully everything will turn out okay.

I am older, heavier and less nimble than I used to be and feel more comfortable with steps rather than a ladder to get in and out of the pool. I've seem two models from Confer Plastics with stairs on both sides and a locking gate on the outside that I like. One is a deluxe model and costs about $400 more than the other and it seems to be made out of resin panels which seem to provide a more stable hand-rail that the other one. Both seem to be rated at 350-400 lbs.

I would really appreciate any advice members of this forum can give me regarding the pros/cons of either of these models or their personal experiences. Thanks in advance for your help.

Welcome BluzNBrews from another PA member! :cool: We have had a lot of members from PA alone this year, it's nice to see! :)

Anyways... I think I know of the steps you're speaking of and to be honest, I'm not sure if I've ever seen them featured here on TFP. You can run a quick search by using the search feature with the confer models and see if anything pops up!

Good luck with your pool! You should order a TF100 to help keep your water balanced as it will be your most used pool tool in your pool tool box, along with your virtual Pool School Manual. :D you will find many helpful, educational links like:

ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry
Recommended Pool Chemicals
How to Chlorinate Your Pool
Chlorine CYA Chart
Test Kit Comparison
Recommended Levels
What is Trouble Free Pool Care?
Pool Calculator Instructions

I recommend the majestic pool steps by innovaplas. We are very happy with them. Easy to set up and they do not float and no algae issues at all. We have fiberglass steps used for mobile homes as our entry steps on the outside. Works great!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.