Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Slamming

1. Back To Top    #1

When slamming the pool, how often should I add the amount of bleach that the pool math says to?
    AG 24' ( Columbia PL30-6 sand filter), 2hp 2 sp pump, cholorine, Tennessee
    Taylor k- 2006 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Slamming

Quote Originally Posted by fannd View Post
    When slamming the pool, how often should I add the amount of bleach that the pool math says to?
    Test and adjust chlorine levels as frequently as practical, but not more than once per hour, and not less than twice a day. Chlorine additions should be frequent, especially at the beginning. Algae and other organic debris will consume chlorine very rapidly at first. As things progress, you will lose less chlorine each cycle and can add chlorine less frequently.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3
    SW PA

Re: Slamming

Agree and really, it's hard to say. If you're losing 5ppm FC an hour after SLAM'ing then you need to add more. If you're losing 2ppm FC in 6 hours, then redose accordingly. Each pool is individual. Not any 2 pools are the same so do for it as it needs by using the test kit.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter