Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Adding a hayward skimmer

1. Back To Top    #1

Adding a hayward skimmer

What are the benefits to adding a hayword skimmer?
    Jeremiah Strese Southwest WI
    22' x 52" Intex AG 11400 gals (I guess)
    2650 intex sand filter TF-100 test kit
    Hopefully adding water by June 24 2014

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Adding a hayward skimmer

If you don't have a skimmer now, adding one keeps the surface of the water remarkably clean (I just hacked a skimmer into my wooden hot tub, and it's already gone from "crazy idea" to "how did I live without this ?". If you have an "over the wall" skimmer now I guess the main advantage of a thru-the-wall skimmer is that it's out of the way and you don't need to worry about it being knocked or slipping out of position.
    Cedar hot tub, 680 US gallons - Snorkel wood-burning heater, canoe paddle, "offline" Intex 1000 GPH pump/filter with skimmer

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Mine just arrived in the mail, and I can't wait to install it... I've already cut my liner twice for new intakes and returns... I get a lot of tiny insects that think they can walk on water, so its going to be a godsend...
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven

4. Back To Top    #4

Is there a definitive guide to adding the skimmer to an intex ultra frame you can recommend? Including exactly which model to buy and a parts list?
    Intex 16'x48" Ultra Frame
    Intex 2,650-Gallon Sand Filter Pump
    Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater Filtration System
    Taylor K-2006

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Here is the exact skimmer that you want.. It comes with all necessary parts and inclusions...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by laceygirl View Post
    Here is the exact skimmer that you want.. It comes with all necessary parts and inclusions...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This will hook directly into my existing intex brand piping? I have not hard plumbed anything on mine
    Taylor K-2006

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

No it won't if you're going to install the through the wall skimmer some adjustments will have to be made... What sort of filter do you have?

8. Back To Top    #8

intex 2650 sand filter with SWG
    Taylor K-2006

9. Back To Top    #9

It will hook up... just like this. You'll need a shut off but the skimmer comes with a fitting that your hose will slip on.

Mac.Dblues and ProfessorDaisy's Lower Arkansas Pool Install
    Intex UltraFrame 20ft x 52in deep, 9,400 Gallons / Approx 78,500 lbs, Intex 1600 GPH, 14" sand filter, Hayward Dyna-Skim SP1091LX, Taylor K-2006, SpeedStir, Sample Sizer
    First Fill May 2014, Deck finished June 2014, Mods happening probably on a continuous basis. Stay tuned.....