cloudy water

rhart

Jun 5, 2014
milwaukee, wi
This is the first year I am trying the Trouble free pool method. My water is cloudy and I can not see the bottom of the pool. This problem began last year and was never resolved. I have a vinyl lined, in ground pool approximately 25,000 gallons with a sand filter. I have been adding bleach daily but it disappears quickly. My numbers today are

TA 190
calcium hardness 250
Free chlorine .5
cc 50
cya 40

I will add more bleach tonight but does anyone have any ideas regarding the cloudy water? The filter has been running nonstop for over a week. This problem started last summer and was never resolved with the help of a pool store in my area. The sand in the filter was changed last fall with no improvement. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

This is the first year I am trying the Trouble free pool method. My water is cloudy and I can not see the bottom of the pool. This problem began last year and was never resolved. I have a vinyl lined, in ground pool approximately 25,000 gallons with a sand filter. I have been adding bleach daily but it disappears quickly. My numbers today are

TA 190
calcium hardness 250
Free chlorine .5
cc 50
cya 40

I will add more bleach tonight but does anyone have any ideas regarding the cloudy water? The filter has been running nonstop for over a week. This problem started last summer and was never resolved with the help of a pool store in my area. The sand in the filter was changed last fall with no improvement. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks
Is that CC really 50? :shock:

The solution is pretty simple, just time consuming: SLAM it. Plan to spend your weekend hunting for bleach and pouring it in the pool. Target 16 for your FC. Yes, 16. :shock: That will be 5 jugs of standard 8.25% Clorox, just for the initial dose. And every hour or two, at least another jug, maybe more, depending on what the test results say. You want to keep it at 16 for a couple days, until it clears up, the cc reading is below .5 and you don't lose any FC overnight.

Just study the instructions for the SLAM and follow them exactly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.