Water Test Results

May 21, 2014
NJ
When using my Taylor 2006 kit and checking FC & CC, should I be using the 25ml or the 10ml samlpe? Does it make any difference?
It indicates 2 scopes of DPD powder. Am I understanding this correctly?

Thanks again for the reply. One other question though....referring to the CC part of the test. Is there no way to tell a more accurate reading? I've in the process of slamming and each time after adding the 5 drops of R-0003 it may turn ever so slightly a shade of pink. With adding one drop of R-871 it goes completely colorless. So in this intense does it still mean that the reading would be .5, which will require me to continue the slamming process until it remains completely colorless after adding the R-003
Thanks again and I appreciate TFP the more I learn.

What you described is .5 CC, which is fine. The SLAM process is complete when you pass three criteria. See red lines in my sig :smile:

You still have to have clear water, and pass the OCLT (Pool School) to determine if you have the 1 or less FC loss overnight.

Gotcha......... .5ppm or less. Ok, then I just have to have the overnight test pass and I'm good. Water is the clearest I've ever seen it.
Thanks! Becoming more of a supporter by the minute.

How many hours of no sunlight on the pool would be enough to constitute a overnight FC loss test? Just watched the weather and we are expecting an inch or more of rain staring at 3AM or so.
It's 630PM here now, could I test around 1AM and would that be enough time?

How many hours of no sunlight on the pool would be enough to constitute a overnight FC loss test? Just watched the weather and we are expecting an inch or more of rain staring at 3AM or so.
It's 630PM here now, could I test around 1AM and would that be enough time?

I think the answer to this is, Yes, that should be enough time. But, let's get at least one confirmation on that :wink:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I tested the FC at 1230am and it dropped less than 1ppm (checked it twice). This was roughly a six hour period. I'm hopeful that the slamming process was complete. The water was clear, CC was .5 or less and the FC appeared to hold. I gave it a 2-3ppm shot of chlorine for good measure but will stop adding any more at this point. I would like it to come down from 20ppm to safe swim levels for the weekend.
Can I still do the overnight FC loss test with the residual FC amount, pump NOT running over night, etc? Just to confirm the slam was complete.

Well, since Jason said it was a bit on the short side for time, I suggest you do another OCLT with pump running. We don't know what your residual FC will be. So, I suggest you have FC somewhere between target and SLAM/shock level for the OCLT.

Did an OCLT test last night. FC at 8pm it was 12.5ppm. At 7am this morning FC it was 12-12.5ppm. CC was zero (or near zero) for both tests. Thanks for all the help and after FC drops to around 6ppm I'll make sure all other test results are in range. I will try to maintain a target FC of 6ppm for a CYA of 35ppm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.