Laceygirls New Pool - Intex 18 x 9 x 52....

Righto... I've been busy today....

The weather has been way to cold too even consider the front yard right now... So I've been working on the home theatre and outdoor theatre... :) Here's the indoor projector screen I built today in about 40 minutes... :)

Next is the projector and shelf... :)

Wow its a cold day here in the Capital today..... I don't think its going to get above 3 degrees celcius, so I've decided to stay in bed till the kids get home...

I'm pretty excited, I ordered the Acer projector this morning, I been reading heaps of reviews on it, and i haven't read a negative one yet... Its meant to be pretty awesome, and I saved money by shopping overseas...

We might be getting some snow here in my town this week,y which doesn't happen often, so its way too cold to work on the front yard. After lunch I'm going to start to pull the loungeroom apart and pack stuff away..... I've got friends that want the furniture, so the work is done for me....

I must say it is nice to watch all my American friends finally get some hot weather, I'll be watching on the 4th of July for those pool parties... :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you Bridgman it only took 40 minutes to build and cost me about $72 in parts and $18 on postage so it was a bargain! Hubby wants me to build another for the bedroom!

I have decided to build the outdoor screen frame out of similar materials as it's so cheap! The screen can live in my shed when not being used!

Due to freezing cold weather I am stuck in pool limbo :-(. So I have been turning my lounge room into a home theatre! I am still waiting on the projector, it's supposed to be arriving on 17th of July! Everything else is completed! I've installed a shelf for the projector and I have hung the screen, the front centre speaker under the screen and the rear speakers to the back wall!

It's been a relatively cheap undertaking! I thought it would have cost much more but I bargain shopped and it came in for less than I paid for my 55" Samsung Plasma!

Here are the pics...... Its so cold this morning... :-( Chill factor of minus 2 degrees..... Brrrrrrrrrrrr.........

This is the shelf I built, I think it looks pretty great... :) The only thing missing is the projector... :-(

I need to get one more,3 metre sleeper for outside, so the projector will have a stand... I'm building the screen frame for the outside theatre in the next couple of weeks.... Its going to be huge 5 metres wide by 3.5 metres high.... It needs to be big as the stretchy screen is huge... :)

I'm still here... Just laying in wait for spring.... WHICH IS ONLY 2 SHORT WEEKS AWAY.... The days are getting longer, and I can feel a great Australian Summer coming on....

You've never lived until Santa comes wearing his singlet and board shorts wearing thongs (I believe you call them havanas or flip flops), they're not the underwear thong, they're called G-Strings here...lol.... :)

So looking forward to installing this pool..... COME ON SUMMER......

I'm still here... Just laying in wait for spring.... WHICH IS ONLY 2 SHORT WEEKS AWAY.... The days are getting longer, and I can feel a great Australian Summer coming on....

You've never lived until Santa comes wearing his singlet and board shorts wearing thongs (I believe you call them havanas or flip flops), they're not the underwear thong, they're called G-Strings here...lol.... :)

So looking forward to installing this pool..... COME ON SUMMER......

I do know! I lived in Hawaii from 99 to 2010! 2 weeks is "nada"!

I was wondering if you had gone into hibernation! I hope your Australian summer is better than the one we have had here. We can't keep our pool warm enough to enjoy and I am too cheap to invest in a heater.

In the USA, guys and girls both wear thongs on their feet, but generally speaking only girls wear thongs on their bodies. G-strings and thongs for the body are the same but different here, if that makes any sense. You'll have to go to Google for that info though. I figure I would get reported and banned if I posted pics of the difference. LOL! :slidehalo:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi Mac.dblues :) Yup totally get it... :)

TODAY IS OFFICIALLY THE LAST DAY OF WINTER HERE... Awesome... I can start to get back into pool mode, and not indoor theatre mode... Although I have to say its been brilliant... I'll never watch TV again....

The weather is getting warmer slowly, I'm getting excited again... :)

G'day everyone... Its really hot here today, I mean really hot for November 90 degrees in your lingo.... :) I've just ordered my test kit from TFT and had it sent to MYUS as Trouble Free Pool don't ship directly to Australia... I made sure to get an XL test kit, and I remembered to order the magnetic speed stirrer....

Next week is finishing yard prep, and I have to ring the water truck and get the water delivery organised... :) Yay, things are moving forward....

7b83f33114d4743ba3e8375f573249ee.jpg

0ad3e05bb225b3d76471489c8e3de494.jpg

Well the front yard is done! The pool goes up this weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thems some cold temps Mac..... Our winter was really cold too, but our spring is hot and our summer is set to be even hotter... Hubby has to move his sister on this coming Saturday, so the pool may have to wait till Sunday.... I still have heaps of plumbing to do.... I need parts for the new (very huge) pump I was given, just the hose connection parts... So it may mean a trip to Southern Plumbing Supplies, they have the biggest range here in Canberra...I also need 90 degree PVC elbows to fit my connection....

I'm so close to just buying an Intex Sand filter and pump, you have no idea... NOTHING IS STANDARD SIZE WITH INTEX FITTINGS... :-( What a pain in the arse....

Hi Laceygirl, It is coming up nicely, I wonder why you have gone so close to the fence, it looks like you have more space to stay a little away from the fence. Just thought so. I like that small machine but don't understand what is does.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.