Laceygirls New Pool - Intex 18 x 9 x 52....

SUCCESS.... I've finally managed to seal it completely... And I did it all on my own... :)

The pool has been sitting for two days, I just balanced the water so I will let the filter run for a few hours.... So glad its all up and working now... :) Its a hot day, and I'm about to go enjoy it... :) Cartridge filter is reading 4% :)

We've had it pretty windy over here too - although luckily, it's been hot winds so still great for swimming. My partner flies quad copters and model helicopters - he reckons it's the windiest year ever - no wonder flying clubs have inside hall hire for flying. Makes you wish for an inside pool huh?

If I could build my dream pool..... It would be an L shaped, inground vinyl lined pool..... It would be 14 ft deep at the deep end of the L and the shallow L part would be 5 uniform feet deep..... :) I love the idea of being able to replace the liner... There's companies here in oz that use a laser to measure your pool size exactly and make the perfect fit liner.... :)

This pool would be in a large room with a retractable roof.... Indoor/Outdoor... :)

That sounds like a nice dream pool - that's good too about making a liner to fit - wonder if it's more expensive than the standard above/in ground pools with liners? Love the idea of a retractable roof, those tilt ones they do now are nice - but expensive.

I'd love to have a proper 10mtr x 2mtr inground, with a big waterfall at one end and landscaping all round. Someday's, it would be nice to sit under a bit of shade and just dangle your feet in the water. I used to think that a nice natural pool with feeder ponds to keep the main pool clean wold be good - then I look at the sun on our pond and how quickly that turns green - soon puts me off lol

I wanted a natural pool if I ever moved to a property, I've watched every youtube video, especially David Butlers, but then I thought of the SNAKES... England seems to be the place natural pools originated, and they don't have a big snake problem over there, so I don't know how it would go here in Aus.......

There's one guy here that has one, but his pool is just a big black swimming hole.. Crystal clear but very black..... Not a big fan of that.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bJmKVsHe_I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGjb_UcUlPw

The water is not sanitized.... Just plain healthy water.

If people are swimming and peeing and farting in that water, it's not healthy, not to mention the bugs and nasties that make their way in there too.

No thank you!

Laceygirl, can I ask you another question - I'm in the process of setting up my pool again this year and have gone with the wood like you've used. Now, did you fill in the centre bit with sand up to the edge of the wood? I'm using dirt to level mine (sifted for stones and other rubbish of course) My hubs says that I need to get the dirt level with the wood base used for the legs, I reckon it's okay as is.

Dropbox - Pool base 11 10 2015.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi Molly J... I'm thinking of doing that this year... It will make things easier that's for sure.... I didn't do that last year and it made my pool a little deeper due to lining stretch... But it was only like 2 inches.... I'll post pics of what I decide to do...

Just waiting on the new liner to arrive.... Then I have to reassess the plumbing and set it all back up again....

Thanks Laceygirl, I've set my pool up just below the wood and it's worked like a charm, been swimming nearly every day since it went up mid October - it's been nice to have warmer weather earlier.

Good luck with the new liner and set up and thanks so much for your help :)

Hi Casey, Samson my autistic child decided to get a steak knife and stress test the side of the pool.... :/

Well things have gone from bad to worse here.... We couldn't find the restraint straps for the pool that link the legs to the bottom of the pool liner, so we thought we try and rig something up to make it work... Well the solution didn't work and I'm now draining the pool totally, and I have to order 12 leg restraints from Intex, so that could take weeks....

Christmas is two days away, :(

Oh no! I'm so sorry. My family calls me the pool nazi because of all my rules. I put up a fun "pool rules" sign this summer out side by the pool, and my wife says this next summer she's going to put up a "Mike's pool rules" next to it. You never know what kids will do. I always get nervous when the kids friends are visiting also, as they don't know the "Mike's pools rules" :). Hoping you the best of luck in the future with getting everything back in orders. Sorry again
Mike
image.jpg

Oh no Lacey, that's so not good - especially with the hot weather we've been having. My little pool was too hot to swim in last week - 36deg. Luckily, it's cooled down a lot now. Hope you get your pool up and running before Christmas.

Pools and sharp objects are not a good mix ;)

It's almost January! Hopefully Samson won't find any knives or sharp objects laying around to test the pool. Did he come tell or show you what he did or did you have to find it yourself? My kids usuallylet me find their dirty deeds n then blamed each other! lol

Samson didn't tell anyone what he did, but when he did it, water squirted out at quite a pace and scared the life out of him, so he dropped the knife and ran.... I could hear water running so I went out to investigate, there was the pool gushing water from a knife slice...... He took the steak knife out of the kitchen drawer... He's 7, and very intelligent..... Autism comes in many forms....

Rightio, the parts have arrived, they've been installed, and I'm waiting for nightfall to fill the pool... :) The weather has been cruddy up till now... Its finally clearing so hot weather is on the way....

I'll take pics when we're underway...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.