Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: return valve leaks when unlocking on new Intex

1. Back To Top    #1

return valve leaks when unlocking on new Intex

Hi, Sorry, title is wrong. I meant to say when I move the intake valve to the unlock position, some water comes out underneath the cap that you turn to unlock. It seems to stop after the pump gets going. This is on the Intex ultraframe. Is this normal? The pool came with a sand filter, if that makes a difference.

Also, there are two tiny clear round caps that came with my pool that I don't know what they are for. They don't seem to be mentioned in any documentation.

Thanks!
    Last edited by sssscary; 05-26-2014 at 10:09 AM. Reason: actually intake from pool to pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: return valve leaks when unlocking on new Intex

OK, just my general incompetence I just needed to tighten the cap so the center valve switch would operate independantly of the cap. I was turning both incorrectly. All good!

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Glad you fixed the problem...
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by laceygirl View Post
    Glad you fixed the problem...
    Thanks, I was very relieved. It always seems to be that one last thing that is a problem, but for once things worked out! Incidentally, Intex was willing to send me the part I thought was leaking free of charge, just by me uploading an image of my receipt, with no hassle. At least they provide some reasonable service support.

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

You might want to look at replacing the plunger valves next year, with pvc elbows.... The plunger valves are notoriously iffy......
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven