Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Seepage from paramount system

1. Back To Top    #1

Seepage from paramount system

Hello,

We have noticed a very light seepage of water on two of the pipes leading from our paramount system. What can we use to reseal that area? And is that all that we need to do?

Thanks,
    lnmnmns
    40,000 gal IG w/vinyl liner, 300 sq ft cartridge filter, Dura-Glas II pump w/1 hp motor, Heat Siphon heat pump, IntelliChlor swg, Paramount Floor Cleaning System, Automatic Pool Cover

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Seepage from paramount system

So, the pipes going down from the bottom of the valve, right? Can you tell where the water is coming from? I mean, from the pipe joints, or maybe the gasket up above is leaking and the water dis dribbling down there?
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Melt In The Sun View Post
    So, the pipes going down from the bottom of the valve, right? Can you tell where the water is coming from? I mean, from the pipe joints, or maybe the gasket up above is leaking and the water dis dribbling down there?
    Yes...the pipes going down from the bottom of the valve. The water seems to be coming from the pipe joints.
    40,000 gal IG w/vinyl liner, 300 sq ft cartridge filter, Dura-Glas II pump w/1 hp motor, Heat Siphon heat pump, IntelliChlor swg, Paramount Floor Cleaning System, Automatic Pool Cover

4. Back To Top    #4

If I understand what you're saying (and I think I do), each pipe has an O-ring where it comes out of the main valve housing. The O-rings may be going bad. You could swap them around and see if the leaks follow them. A rebuild kit is avilable that has new O-rings and gears for the valve. I just "rebuilt" mine. It didn't work when we bought the house.....it does now!