Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: what would be my best SWG?

1. Back To Top    #1

what would be my best SWG?

Hello,
    I have an Intex 15,000 gallon pool and would like to purchase a SWG system.
    I have a direct sun 8-10h daily for 6 month.
    I'll appreciate your recommendations accordingly?

Thanks,
    Amit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: what would be my best SWG?

It probably depends on how much you want to spend. Research units with at least an output twice your pool size!
    Pool size: 24000gal inground Vinyl-Taylor k-2006 and k-1766 test kits and-speed stir
    Intermatic P1353ME digital timer w/freeze sensor
    CircuPool Si-45 SWCG System
    Polaris 280 vacuum/Polaris PB4-60 boost pump
    Pentair IntelliFlo VS 3hp Pump--Pentair sand filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Most of the major brands of SWG's are pretty reliable. They all have a lot of different "user friendly" features.
    Do a lot of googling and you can decide which features you want.

As timer guy suggested, its recommended to get one sized for twice the volume of your pool. The reason is because the larger system doesnt have to work so hard to produce x amount of chlorine. The result of that is that your salt cell will last a lot longer before it needs to be replaced.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

4. Back To Top    #4

I'm considering the Pentair IC40 IntelliChlor.
    I want to understand if I also need the Power Center Automatic Control Systems too or it's only the transformer from AC to DC and a timer.

5. Back To Top    #5

The IntelliChlor has two parts, the cell and the power center. They are usually sold separately, though now and then you see them bundled as a package.

I only recommend an IntelliChlor if you have a Pentair brand automation system. The IntelliChlor has a very limited user interface compared to anything else in it's price range; unless you have one of their automation systems. A Pentair automation system gives the IntelliChlor all the features that the other SWGs have.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School