Please advise with help on pool

Seems to be maintaining FC better. A lot of the CC will dissipate when the sun hits it. Unfortunately, so will some of the FC.

Is it changing colors yet?

Yes, it has gone from black to green. Its also a little foamy...hope thats ok. I can see the second step a bit better now. I have a bunch of pictures to post but it keeps saying they won't load. We're getting new Internet service tomorrow so hopefully I can update then.

- - - Updated - - -

It can bleach the liner.

That makes sense. Thanks so much for helping me along with this. You've been a LOT of help.

I use postimage.org to host my pics from my laptop.

Will do! You would not believe the number of tadpoles I've scooped out. Oh, and that first picture...the water was really that black. It wasn't just the lighting.

I'm probably going to need to add some water because of all of the back washing. What can I expect it to do to FC and CC levels? It's city water.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Will do! You would not believe the number of tadpoles I've scooped out. Oh, and that first picture...the water was really that black. It wasn't just the lighting.

I'm probably going to need to add some water because of all of the back washing. What can I expect it to do to FC and CC levels? It's city water.
Usually tap water reads pretty low on Fc, and some places use chloramines to prevent pipes rusting, so it might show CC. You're not adding much perecntage-wise, so I doubt it will affect your testing at all.

FC has been holding pretty good the last few days, usually dipping into right below 10 unless it was the middle of the day and the pool was getting a lot of direct sunlight. CC is staying around .5-1. The pool has been a little foamy after adding water and a recent rain. Is there anything I need to do about that?

FC has been holding pretty good the last few days, usually dipping into right below 10 unless it was the middle of the day and the pool was getting a lot of direct sunlight. CC is staying around .5-1. The pool has been a little foamy after adding water and a recent rain. Is there anything I need to do about that?
If it's still murky, I wouldn't worry about it. It might just be residual whatever that foamed up earlier. Your only job now is to get the water clear and pass the CC and overnight loss tests. What does the water look like? Clear water is what impresses people! The only people who care what your numbers are is us.

When I started you couldn't see the first step. Now you can see the outline of the bottom step.

Here is what it looked like yesterday evening. It's actually a lot "brighter" than this and it's starting to get a blue tint. You can definitely tell a difference from the last picture.

The pool is looking slightly better today than the last posted picture. I've been backwashing every day and vacuuming, running the robot, and/or scrubbing every day. I've not been able to get in a full vacuum and brush every night due to time. I've also been scooping blind for leaves. Last night I was able to make out some dark spots on the pool floor and when it was all said and done I got nearly a wheelbarrow load out of the pool (that should help!). I'm only able to check it now at morning and evening due to work.

This morning FC was 8.5 and CC was 1. Does this, along with the fact I started the SLAM 6 days ago sound consistent with the way the process should be going? I realize the leaves were slowing the process and I'm fine with that but just want to check and see how the time and numbers sound to everyone, and also to see if there was anything else I should be doing or am doing incorrectly.

I am anxious to see what it looks like this evening! Every day it's getting noticeably better. I'll try to get a picture when I get home if there is enough light. I suspect there are more leaves in the pool but I can only get so much blind. But being able to make out those on the floor last night is big progress over not being able to see the first step!!

Thanks! Seeing those leaves yesterday had me concerned that I still had more leaves in the pool than I thought so I went pretty hard at blind scooping in the deep end. That was interesting..what I drug up was more akin to mud than leaves. And it had a smell that was as potent as the bleach. When I brought it up it brought some nastiness with it:

image-3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.