Newbie - need some help

If you feel like bruising, you can! I think it's normal for this type of pool to look scary on it's way to being full. It will settle into shape as the water goes up the wall.

Yes, it happened to me just now:
f44cr5.jpg

16X16X2 concrete paver!

I meant brushing n not bruising! But putting pools up cause bruising! :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That is it for today, the pool is up and running, it is straight as an arrow now. Almost gave me and the wife a heart attack.
I'm running the pump for 24H to dissolve the salt as the manual says.

Tomorrow i'll start working on the heater, without it no one can go into the water. :)

Thanks.

I went to my city to get a permit, they said that for this pool no permit is needed. i didn't argue...

I had to pull a permit for our pool and while I was reading my permit last year, it stated that all pools (even the Intex pools) required a permit. I find it very hard to believe that every single household that bought and set up an Intex pool pulled a permit in our town! lol

Really? I didn't get bruised putting up my pool, just very sore muscles from digging a 17'x1.5' hole to set it in.

I'm prone to hurting myself doing the dumbest stuff Charlie. Like screwing on my skimmer box on 4/18/14. How hard do you think it is?! I'm going for an MRI on Monday because I still can't lift my arm over my head, rotate it or pick anything up or hold a cup of coffee without spilling it all over myself because I've lost all strength in it. :shock:

Sorry about your shoulder, Casey. Hopefully, you haven't done that much damage to yours. Maybe yours will be a simple arthroscopic procedure, and not a total shoulder.

For those curious what "railway sleepers" are, here in the U.S. we call them railroad ties.

Yaniv, have you started to add FC etc to your pool? :testresults:

BTW Charlie,

I found out that the my SWG has a bypass that can run the pump alone, so i can hookup my heater to the SWG directly and make sure only the pump is on when the heater runs.

I do have a question though, the way i did my plumbing, i have an exit that goes to the pool and a separator that goes to the heater, i.e. i can't make all the water from the pump go though the heater they are dividing between the heater and the pool i.e. 50% heater 50% pool or 100% pool 0% heater. i don't have the ability to do 100% heater.

Should this be changes ? i really don't want to unless i have to.

- - - Updated - - -

A picture is worth a thousand words:

11ke7h5.jpg

You should have another ball valve below the tee to your heater, so you can at least reduce the flow directly to the pool.

- - - Updated - - -

As it currently is, water will take the path of least resistance, meaning you would at best get 25% flow into the heater.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.