So glad I didn't give up!!! TFP, all the way!

Re: Should I just give up? Can

We started out 5 weeks ago with horrible green/black water. It has greatly improved, I will post pictures after the rain. We replaced the concrete like sand in our filter, had the pump reworked and added all the chemicals the wonderful pool store place sold us. Then, this past Saturday we did what I read is not a good thing and flocked the pool. We had some settlement after waiting the 48 hours, and vacuumed to waste yesterday. I still can not see below the top 6-8" in the pool. It is a nice blue color. I will wait for the test kit to arrive and post the results. I turned the pump off this morning and will just let it rest. Or should I turn it back on and keep shocking until the cows come home? Thanks again for all your support!

The link you had before was the right kit. I'm sure you ordered the right one. Dave's great on shipping, so I'd guess you'll have it in a day or two with your location. For now run the pump as normal and stay dry. :)

Did you find the PM from Dave? Not sure if that response was directed at him.
Look up at the top of this page by your name and go in "Notifications"

when you get your test kit, you need to test 2 or 3 times per day for FC and keep that baby at or above shock level. That cannot be stressed enough. IT CANNOT FALL BELOW SHOCK LEVEL while you are trying to clear up a pool (ie: SLAM it)

a friend of mine has been failing to listen to me for 4 weeks now, and is just now getting with the program. He would test it in the a.m, bring to shock level, then test again the next day to find little to no chlorine. after the 100th time that I explained it to him that his shock level is 15 ppm and it MUST stay at or above that until it is totally clear, he finally got it and has made significant progress in just 3 days. :D

Shock Level And Maintain. Dont forget the "maintain" part. :p

dont give up on your pool. you will get it cleared up!:cool:

Dear Wendy,

Listen to to these experts and follow their directions. Once you take control of your pool, you won't believe how easy it is to maintain. These people are not here to sell you something. All it takes is knowledge. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Dave

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

The test kit did not arrive today, I have been reading pool school and think I'm ready to go! I will post test results numerous times daily and together we will get it right! Thanks for all your help! I look forward to clear water!

I just printed out the Definitions and Abbreviations, and the SLAM instructions. I have read so much in the last 48 hours my head is spinning. I will slam!

praise the Lord and pass the bleach!!!!.... :p

SLAM the ever loving **** out of it and dont let up off the throttle (chlorine throttle, that is) :D until it looks like that picture casey posted.

SHOCK
LEVEL
And
MAINTAIN

SLAM.

Run 'em all. Start with the laminated instruction sheet in the lid and write everything down. Don't dump the pink chlorine water until you do the next combined chlorine test. I always forget that part.

Try and get water from a foot below the surface.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.