Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Wiring SWG into an integrated AO Smith timer

1. Back To Top    #1

Wiring SWG into an integrated AO Smith timer

I'm wondering if any of you have any experience, or if its even possible, to wire the SWG into the integrated timer on my 2 speed AO Smith pump?

Thanks for any help!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Wiring SWG into an integrated AO Smith timer

Welcome to TFP!!!

Sorry for the delay. I am a little confused though. Most 2-speed motors do not have timers built in to them. Can you post up more information and maybe pictures?

I is usual to power the SWG from the same timer source as the pump, but the timer is not usually integrated into the motor itself.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Wiring SWG into an integrated AO Smith timer

I don't believe they have any kind of external control connection. You will either need to use an external timer or get something like a current controlled relay to turn the SWG on only when the motor is drawing power.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School