First Ever Pool - Above ground bestway 4.2m slice of heaven

Hey Kimkats,

I feel done... The pool is done, but I know there's more projects around the pool that need doing :).... I've even been looking at the unevenness of the pool, its out by 1 inch in one corner, and I don't think we will pull it down for the winter... I'm just gonna leave it up... I'm happy with it, and trying to get it level again, isn't appealing at all, especially for just one corner, I will learn to live with it....lol.... I suppose it will really depend on how cold the winter is....lol.....

The new plunger valve arrived yesterday, so we put it on and it stopped the leaks.... :) Very happy.....

I was determined to find the air leaks, so we pulled everything apart yesterday, siliconed around the connections to the cartridge filter, and I tightened the hose clamps on all connections....

S-U-C-C-E-S-S.... No air coming out of the return jet anymore... :)

Can I just say that I am in love with my huge cartridge filter.... For all you sand lovers out there, sorry I can't get onboard.... My filter will filter down to 8 microns, sand filters anywhere from 18-25 microns....

Its so clear, when I'm swimming you can almost see me changing my mind :)

Looking at your water, I think I'm going to be a cartridge convert. Shame really, I love the idea of a sand filter instead of a cartridge filter - seems more economical and environmentally friendly. Although, when you look at water filters on domestic water and see how much they get out, it makes sense.

Hi Mollyj,

I am totally in love with it.... There's a couple of reasons....

Its light as a feather even though its huge....
I've had to fix a few things on the pool and plumbing so disconnecting it and moving it right out of the way is a bonus....
I don't have to lug sand home...
I will never get sand in my pool.....
It filters out more than sand.....
Its only a metre tall and about 30cm round.....
The pressure gauge tells me when to clean it.... :)
This filter uses less water when cleaning it, so better for the environment...

I'm adding a cyclone to it next year, its a pre filter that takes out most of the debris before it hits the filter... :) I'll probably have to change my filter cartridge in about 3 - 5 years if I look after it.....

4 days my pool has had the solar cover on... Its been way too cold and windy.... El Nina is killing me right now..... The kids have been stuck inside, only one more week of school holidays and they go back to school.... Its been a long 7 weeks.....

We haven't gone above 23 degrees Celcius, (73F) I think I'm suffering seasonal depression....lol..... THIS SUMMER SUX...... And we've got more cold days ahead... Doesn't start to get warm here for at least a week......

I really feel for you. The first summer we had our pool was extra cold and we only got to use it about a dozen times.

There isn't much joy in swimming when it's 21 degrees Celsius and windy. The kids just get cold too quickly to enjoy it.

Let's hope that the weather people are wrong and you get a nice hot spell.

Hi MegaWatty, yup you guys are definitely getting better weather than us down south... It should be hot again by the weekend hopefully....

But I am writing again tonight, cause I have a great story.......

Today, there was a stolen car behind my house, so I rang the cops to let them know where it was..... One hour or so later, my 20 year old next door neighbour runs into my house screaming call triple zero (our emergency number), someone had gotten into her house while she was home and was carrying a iron bar of some kind... I've rang the cops, and he jumps over her 7 foot back fence and walks towards mine... :-( My kids were out the back, so I dragged them inside, bolted the back door, and grabbed my baseball bat - The Equaliser, herded my kids and the neighbour out into our complex.... I didn't want to be in the house... The police came really quickly and chased him down and arrested him.....Turns out, he was the one who stole the car so he was lurking around our houses for hours.... :-(

Happy ending, and the police liked my pool.... :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thank the Universe its going to be 27 degrees Celsius here tomorrow... Then a few cooler days and we hit back up into the 30's again... Happy days... The kids go back to school tomorrow, we're the last state in the country to do so.... So I'll have the entire pool to myself most days till the end of summer.... YAY.... :)

ITS THE FIRST DAY OF SPRING HERE IN AUSTRALIA.... Yay the warmer weather is on its way.... :)

I have to buy a brand new liner for the pool as Samson my youngest child who is also slightly autistic took a steak knife to the side of the pool to stress test it...

So yeah, that has to arrive before we put the pool back up.... The great news is, all the hard yards are already done, the yard is still level, I just have to replace the sleepers with hardwood sleepers this year....

Be back when things start to move forward....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.