this may sound funny with 8 inches of snow on the ground and subfreezing weather, but we are hoping to break ground in 4-6 weeks on a IG pool in Pittsburgh PA.
we are in the planning stages of a DIY pool kit, currently thinking royal pools, as they have been well reviewed on this site. right now we are set on a 16x32 foot vinyl lined pool with roman steps at one end and cozy cove swim out. we want the pool bottom to gradually slope from 3.5 to 7.5 feet. wife hates the severe drop off in a lot of pools, however i told her this was usually a requirement of pools that have a diving board. (right?). we are not planning on a diving board. obviously i have a lot of questions related to choices and people's experiences. i would appreciate any and all input on the below listed questions/concerns. thanks in advance.
1. planning on putting filter/pump etc in detached garage, approximately 60feet from attachment to pool, do i need a larger pump? larger diameter lines?
2. i have 40amp service in garage, is that enough? i generally don't use much electricity in there, mostly storage (no wood shop, etc)
3. i have hard water from a private well, would it be better to have water trucked in?
4. planning on composite walls based on the foot print the take, up i believe, they only require a 2-3 foot dig, vs a 3-4 foot for steel, plus the water from SWG can eat away at steel walls, although once its buried, i can imagine it would be much of an issue, i could be wrong, wife will let me know, she always does.
5. we would like a gradual slope from 3.5feet to 7.5 feet, i haven't seen many pool description like this on this site, anyone do this?
6. trying to decide between a propane heater and solar panels. i would plan to put solar panels on detached garage roof facing southwest., will they consistently keep the pool warm? and would i need a larger pump for that?
i think thats enough for now
thanks again for any input!