Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 20 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: New build in South Texas

1. Back To Top    #1

New build in South Texas

Itís taken me awhile to start putting this together. We selected our PB and signed a contract at the end of July 2013. My wife Diane and myself started construction in South Texas on a infinity edge pool. Itís 39 feet long (does not include catch basin) and 27 feet at its widest point. The pool is over 1,000 sq./ft. We started the project in August of 2013 and expect to be done at the end of March 2014. Its a complete change to our backyard. The design includes multiple retaining walls because of the elevation changes that will be covered in stone, a sea wall and a out door kitchen using a Equinox (manufacture) pergola and multiple planting areas. The slats of the pergola open and close and is controlled by a remote. We are putting in an outdoor sound system with 12 speakers, a sub-woofer that actually getís buried in the ground, a 55ĒSunbrite TV that will work with our other outside TV and a complete lighting system to showcase the new landscaping. We will be replacing out wooden perimeter fences with a block stucco walls and ledger stone columns.
    Hopefully the link to some pictures will work and you can see the progress. I will try at some point and post the pool studio video.

http://s814.photobucket.com/user/martin ... tures/pool

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New build in South Texas

Looks great so far. I can not wait to see the finished product !! It's going look awesome.

Good luck !!
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

I am not sure if the slide show had all the pictures. I have loaded the pictures in a different format below

http://s814.photobucket.com/user/martin ... tures/pool

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

My favorite part (aside from the infinity edge) is the fact that the pool is partially above grade on the sides. I think the side patios will provide unique perspectives from which to view the pool. But to sum it up so far... It was fun not having concept drawings to look and to see it unfold in the slideshow.

I also appreciate the wilderness view on the other side of the body of water. Will that remain or could it be developed as well?

I hope the process is allowing you to retain some sanity. If not, it usually returns pretty quickly afterwards once you are swimming.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

The view across the water should not change for a very long time. I checked out your project and it looks like a massive effort. When did you start your build?

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Our build went from February through May. I can appreciate the grade issues you're facing though, and it looks like you and the PB have planned well in your battle against gravity.
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking

7. Back To Top    #7

Did you publish pictures of your pool after it was done?

8. Back To Top    #8

Beautiful!

9. Back To Top    #9

Take a look at the pool studio video for this pool build

http://s814.photobucket.com/user/martin ... RTIN/Video

10. Back To Top    #10

Thanks Ken. You probably saw where they started in August and will finish in March. Rain delays have been a problem

11. Back To Top    #11

New build in South Texas

If you ever need somebody to house sit while your away, I'm available !! You won't even have to pay me. I promise.
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

12. Back To Top    #12

Love, love, love, I mean love (just in case I was not clear) the video. Wow! Forget about house sit, I want to backyard sit!

13. Back To Top    #13

That goes without saying Ken !
    Jeff

14. Back To Top    #14

I do not know if I would ever go to work again.

15. Back To Top    #15

You guys are to kind. The great thing about this site is all the help that's available here and all the great pools and renovations that I see

16. Back To Top    #16

Bmoreswim, you mention the unique perspective from the patios. Did you notice on the video that on each side of the elevated part of the pool there are external water features that will create a mini waterfall over ledger stone on each external pool wall. The water will flow over pebbles and into drains that will take the water back into the catch basin. Has anyone seen this before? Should I have any concerns? I am having these walls as well as the infinity wall waterproofed on both sides.

http://s814.photobucket.com/user/martin ... RTIN/Video

17. Back To Top    #17

TFP Guide

I did not notice that. A great feature. I can't think of much negative due to that. The only thing that did pop into my head wouldn't apply unless there were freezing temps. That would be any propensity for rain/water trapped behind stones to want to pop them off. I'm sure waterproofing would work to ease that issue but you also have little to no freeze issues I'd think. At least not hard freezes. I also suppose scaling could be an issue where you have the water splashing and drying near the edges of the water falls. But that would just be a minor aesthetic issue if it even occurred.

The biggest issue could be that your guests may never want to leave. Causing you to turn on the guest evacuation sprinklers.

18. Back To Top    #18

The guest evacuation sprinklers will not work on me. The dragging me out kicking screaming will not work either. I would never leave. Ha.

19. Back To Top    #19

Ken, on your build you did a lot of block wall for your retaining walls. Did your PB offer shot Crete walls? I was trying to think of pros and cons of both type of walls

20. Back To Top    #20

Wow, this is going to be a seriously cool pool. Love the design. It's very unique and appears to fit your yard perfectly. Can't wait to see more.
    38'x24' freeform IG gunite, 26k gallons, 3.5' - 7'
    8t Moss rock waterfall with gunite slide
    SWCG, 2 x 2.7hp Hayward Tristar pumps, booster pump, 425 sqft cartridge, 400,000 BTU heater, Polaris Black Max 280, ProLogic PS8 & Aquapod

Page 1 of 20 123411 ... LastLast