Hey everyone...new member here and we just stared building a pool a couple weeks ago.
We did our own design (hey, they said any shape!) and wanted a sort of Mediterranean/Old World feel to it (I know you're thinking Lions Heads, really? ). Pool is not that big or deep, but it's not like we're going to be doing laps.
Had to sort of get on it pretty quick as the neighbor was cool enough to let us go through his yard since our side access is only 5' wide and his is a lot bigger...but he is starting his backyard landscaping so had to at least do the dig pretty fast.
Some specs and details:
• 22' x 17'
• 336 SQ FT Area
• 83' Perimeter
• 10,500 Gallon
• 6' long Baja entry w/ umbrella sleeve
• Two in-pool TrazoCrete 30" round tables w/ umbrella sleeves
• Wrap around bench seating
• 36" Sheer decent waterfall & 2 Lions Heads scuppers
• MagnaSweep Select in-floor cleaning system (lifetime warranty)
• PebbleSheen White Diamonds w/ 20% Luminous Blue Blend glass interior finish (lifetime warranty)
• Intellicolor 5G pool light
• Pentair Clean & Clear 420 Foot Cartridge
• Pentair Intellifo VS3050 Variable Speed Pump.
• Travertine 12"x6" coping
This is design we gave them...
And this is what they came up with...
This is the interior finish, we really wanted that sparkling aqua blue color.
Table finish and waterline tile.
Water feature finish.
Travertine coping finish.
And on to the fun stuff...
First the layout, the messed it up the first time (put the pool to far forward) and had to come out and do it again.
Neighbor let us knock down his side wall and go through his yard. He was going to put in an RV gate anyway so it wasn't a huge inconvenience, plus I gave him some money and paid the pool buys to remove all that dirt you see on the side there...but still way cool of him to allow us to do it.
Fence between our yards knocked down and excavator coming through...
Let the digging begin!
Pool all dug out and forms in place. The soil here is pretty crappy, it's amazing anything grows at all.
They placed the pool light too low, it was supposed to be centered in that middle column but they are saying it will be ok, light output won't be affected.