Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Closing an Intex Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Closing an Intex Pool

Is the cover that comes with the intex ultra frame pools suitable for covering for the winter? I'm planning to use pool school instuctions to close.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Tulare, CA

Re: Closing an Intex Pool

The cover that came with your pool will sag in the middle causing any debris that gets on it to end up in the middle. If it rains all of the dirt on the cover will end up in your pool due to the fact the cover has vent holes in it. You will need to put some inner tubes in the pool then cover this will help support the cover causing it to be higher in the middle there fore forcing any thing that gets on the cover to be forced to the outer edge of the cover. Or you can drain the pool and take it down for the winter witch will be a pain due to the large size of your pool.

3. Back To Top    #3

I don't have any inner would I need to buy the pool pillows?

4. Back To Top    #4

Also, will the inner tubes/pillows work if I drain the water 6" below the hose holes?

5. Back To Top    #5

NW PA, halfway between Pittsburgh and Erie in the PA snowbelt

Mine shredded with a little bit of a storm, half fell into the pool, and I left it that way frozen all winter until spring. We dont have any trees around so didnt have much debris in the pool but the cover didnt last very long at all. Spent too much money this year needing to replace a vehicle rolled over on its roof so dont have funds to buy pool stuff so I'm leaving uncovered this year and just draining below skimmer hole and putting equipment away.

22' round Intex UltraFrame pool, Intex 633T 2500gph paper cartridge filter/pump
    with broken Intex SWG, using bleach this year
    TF-100 test kit