Is my TA too low

Mar 17, 2010
Spring, TX
I have been doing my testing and I noticed that my pH levels have been staying right around 7.5 for the past two weeks. I have not made any other changes and prior to this my pH level would move from 7.2-7.8 within 3-4 days. I noticed when my pH level was moving my TA level was around 90-110. I tested today after a few weeks and it is at 60. So I am guessing it may be better for me to run a little lower TA level to balance out my pH so that it does not move so much. I know at one point in time last season my sweet spot for TA was around 90, so I guess that is why I am concerned.

This is not a new plaster pool either as I have been in the house for 3 years and no plaster jobs have been done.

We have had a few hard rain showers in the past few weeks but it does not appear to be moving.

Here is a full set of test results

FC-4.5
CC-0
TC-4.5
CH-300
TA-60
CYA-30

I am also only losing around 1-2 (high end) FC each day, but with the cold weather lately it has been around .5-1 per day.

So is this something I should even worry about or just be happy about it. I am going with the later.

I am going with the later
Me, too. Stable pH is hard to obtain but your lower pH seems to have helped a lot.

I would leave it alone but test it a bit more frequently and add some baking soda if it goes below 60. bring it up to maybe 80 ppm if it does and continue to test. 60-80 may be perfect for your particular pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.