Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New pool build - Murfreesboro TN

1. Back To Top    #1

New pool build - Murfreesboro TN

I have been lurking on this site long enough. Here are the pictures of the progress made to date.

17K gal, IG Pebble, 48 D.E., 2 HP 2 speed Jandy, Fusion In-ground & Nature 2, Del II Ozone System,Currently in the Build Process, 3 Sheer Descent Fountains, Bubbler on tanning ledge, Polaris 280 Black

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New pool build - Murfreesboro TN

17K gal, IG Pebble, 48 D.E., 2 HP 2 speed Jandy, Fusion In-ground & Nature 2, Del II Ozone System,Currently in the Build Process, 3 Sheer Descent Fountains, Bubbler on tanning ledge, Polaris 280 Black

3. Back To Top    #3

We are about 1 month into this pool project. The rain has slowed is down a good bit. PB says we will have the bonding beam poured this week. I am glad to finally see the shape come to life.

4. Back To Top    #4

Looking good ! I like the shape. I'll bet your getting anxious !!
    Keep us posted on the progress.
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

5. Back To Top    #5

It is now time for us to begin the liner selection process. I like the deep blues. My wife likes the emerald greens. Do any of you have a favorite in those two color families?

What about black liners? I've not seen one in person but the pictures look nice. Does any one put there. Have a black liner? Do you love it or hate it? Would you get a black liner again? Does it make the water warmer than a blue or brown base?

6. Back To Top    #6

Pwrstk, yes, VERY anxious!

7. Back To Top    #7

Looks great so far. Can't help with personal experience but recall seeing a few on here with black liners.
    If you search black liner in the search at the bottom left of the page you'll find quite a few hits.

Here are a few I pulled up quickly.
    new-pool-build-in-nh-t60957.html
    here-we-go-diy-ig-started-se-ohio-t67388-40.html?hilit=Black%20liner
    beginning-soon-and-can-t-decide-on-liner-black-granite-t68629.html?hilit=Black%20liner

Keep the pics coming!!
    38'x24' freeform IG gunite, 26k gallons, 3.5' - 7'
    8t Moss rock waterfall with gunite slide
    SWCG, 2 x 2.7hp Hayward Tristar pumps, booster pump, 425 sqft cartridge, 400,000 BTU heater, Polaris Black Max 280, ProLogic PS8 & Aquapod

8. Back To Top    #8

We love our black liner...Would def do it again.... I can't speak to it being warmer than another color because I would assume I would need to have half my pool with a black liner and half with a different color to actually know the answer to that. So no help on that one...
    18k: IG: Black Granite Liner: Aspen: 16x33.5: SWG: Polaris 280

My pool build new-pool-build-in-nh-t60957.html

9. Back To Top    #9

We definitely love ours as well. I think they really look good in the lagoon style pools. I asked my wife if she thought she would want to change it when this liner wears out and she said, "No way!" Guess that counts for something. There were several debates I found on here that discussed whether a darker liner would increase the temperature but nothing was really concrete evidence either way. I guess the only true way of knowing would be to have 2 pools close together with the same depths and gallons of water with different liners to really tell. I finished my fill just as the temps were starting to fall for the year. However, my pool has about 10 hours of direct sunlight and it has been plenty warm. Good luck in your build! Keep those pics coming!
    18x36 Lagoon vinyl IG DIY sport bottom 3.5-5-3.5 18K gal. Hayward Tri-Star 1 1/2 HP 2 Speed, Hayward 27" 350lb. sand filter, Hayward Aquarite w/ T-15, 1 skimmer, 2 returns, 2 step jets, 4 deck jets, 1 waterfall, TF-100

10. Back To Top    #10

Cblink, thanks for the links. I see one is located in middle Tennessee. I am also located there. I may need to contact those folks.

11. Back To Top    #11

Doobs and mastertech thanks for the insight. We are still debating but we think it could look good with the style of pool we are building n

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by Otis1971
    Cblink, thanks for the links. I see one is located in middle Tennessee. I am also located there. I may need to contact those folks.
    We are just a few miles east of you in Cookeville. We love the black granite liner and would definitely do it again. Not sure about if it increases temperature as we have no point of reference as this is our first pool. The color is a deep turquoise blue when the sun hits it.
    18x36 kidney 20,000 gallons IG vinyl. Pentair Easy Touch 8 w/IntelliChlor IC40. Triton II TR100. Pentair Intellifllo Variable Speed. Waterfall/Jump Rock. 2 Pentair Intellibrite lights. TF-100 Test Kit. And a very happy husband who gets to play in the pool without having to take care of it.

13. Back To Top    #13

New pool build - Murfreesboro TN

Here is today's progress. It's hard to tell from the pictures but all the panels are at grade and plum. The PB drove 36" "L" shaped spikes in the ground at every black polymer support and multiple rebar spikes through the Pre drilled holes in the panels. All the panels are now in their final place and they pour the bonding beam of concrete around the outside perimeter of the panels tomorrow. This should really increase the rigidity of the entire wall system. The Fort Wayne elite wall is VERY solid. I'm glad I went with that choice.

Maybe it's because I'm in Nashville... But this thing is looking more and more like a guitar.

14. Back To Top    #14

The "Bond beam" is now poured. Workers will be back Friday to backfill and prep for plumbing.

15. Back To Top    #15

No work on the pool today. Just rain and more rain.

16. Back To Top    #16

Plumbing about 80% complete. Pressure test Saturday. Backfill next week. We are slowly making process.

17. Back To Top    #17

Looking forward to seeing that liner!
    IG Vinyl, 20'x40' Sports Pool, Savannah Liner no border, 20' liner steps, 2 Venturi Renegade Skimmers, Hayward 1.5hp 2 speed pump, Aqua Rite 40k Salt system, Typhoon slide, Hayward Sand Filter, 22,519 gallons, TF-100 test kit

18. Back To Top    #18

Well, the PB made some good progress this week. The majority of the backfill is complete. We are working on final concrete deck design. I did carve out some space for an outdoor kitchen. I'm not sure what size an outdoor kitchen needs to be but I'm going with 15x13. Do you think that is a reasonable size?

19. Back To Top    #19

I think that should be plenty of room for outdoor kitchen. Depending on what your lookin for. A lot of my research has been around 10x10 and 12x12 depending on the layout and what all you want included.
    IG Vinyl, 20'x40' Sports Pool, Savannah Liner no border, 20' liner steps, 2 Venturi Renegade Skimmers, Hayward 1.5hp 2 speed pump, Aqua Rite 40k Salt system, Typhoon slide, Hayward Sand Filter, 22,519 gallons, TF-100 test kit

20. Back To Top    #20

Thanks joallen

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast