Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy gray valve

1. Back To Top    #1

Jandy gray valve

Which replacement o-rings do I get for this Jandy gray valve?

15K gal, IG concrete w/ Diamond Brite, Built in Over-Flow Spa, Max-Flo VS Pump, Hayward Star-Clear II C1100 Pool Filter with Aqua EZ 100-sq ft Cartridge Filter Model #: C8610 (Lowes), Great White Auto Pool Cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Jandy gray valve

And how do I properly lubricate both the o-rings & the handle?
    Thanks!
    15K gal, IG concrete w/ Diamond Brite, Built in Over-Flow Spa, Max-Flo VS Pump, Hayward Star-Clear II C1100 Pool Filter with Aqua EZ 100-sq ft Cartridge Filter Model #: C8610 (Lowes), Great White Auto Pool Cleaner

3. Back To Top    #3

Here's a link to the Jandy/Zodiac Gray Valve site:
    http://www.zodiacpoolsystems.com/Pro...ay-Valves.aspx
    Once you determine the size and pn of your valve, try asking your questions again.

Mike
    ~17' x 34' IG pool with attached spa - 20500 gallons - Gunite with a "pebblesheen"-ish finish
    Jandy iAqualink with iPad and Jandy PDA remote - Pentair IntelliFlo VS 11018 Pump
    AquaRite SWCG - Pentair SMBW 4060 DE Filter - Really Old Raypak heater
    "Wall-E" an Arneson-Hayward Navigator - A couple of Jandy/Zodiac WaterColors LED Lights - Blue-White F-1000 Flow meter

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks!
    While looking through their online brochure http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/8cf ... f3a979/216, the closest to mine appears to be the Gray Jandy Valve (3-port) part# 1154, 2875 sans the Grease Cup Kit AND my valve's "knob" (#2) looks more like the Grease Cup (#8) not like the "knob" (#2) pictured in the brochure.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by e1836936
    ... the closest to mine appears to be the Gray Jandy Valve (3-port) part# 1154, 2875 sans the Grease Cup Kit
    Well, here's a deal. I found an o-ring kit for the 1154/2875 on Amazon for less than six bucks with free shipping. Heres the link:
    http://www.amazon.com/Jandy-Replacem.../dp/B00BW51MYU

Lightly lube the o-rings with silicone grease (not silicone sealer ). Don't overdo the grease, it will collect dirt. You can use it on the handle too.

Mike
    ~17' x 34' IG pool with attached spa - 20500 gallons - Gunite with a "pebblesheen"-ish finish
    Jandy iAqualink with iPad and Jandy PDA remote - Pentair IntelliFlo VS 11018 Pump
    "Wall-E" an Arneson-Hayward Navigator - A couple of Jandy/Zodiac WaterColors LED Lights - Blue-White F-1000 Flow meter

6. Back To Top    #6

Great, thanks!
    What about "Magic Lube Teflon Based Lubricant Sealant", I've read about here & elsewhere?

7. Back To Top    #7

That will work too. I've used it with no issues.
    Mike

8. Back To Top    #8

Great, thanks!
    That's what I have on hand.