Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Covers

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Covers

Does everyone cover their pools nightly?

I do not cover my pool. One, I am too short to handle it on my own and two,,, the one that came with the pool ripped the first time I put it on. Talk about cheaply made.
    Intex AG 2252 / 10421 Gallons / Vinyl liner
    Pool Set up - May 2016
    2650 gal/hr Intex Krystal Clear Pump- Type B Filter
    Intex SWG
    TFTestkit / SpeedStir Magnetic Stirrer!!! / BBB method only

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Covers

I keep mine covered when ever we are not in it main reason it stays alot warmer also keeps dirt out.
    24ft x 52in Round AGP Heritage pool Aquamaster 19 in sand filter & 1 hp pump. Clear Solar blanket 12 Mil. TF-100 Test Kit. Pool filled June 3rd 2013 well water.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by duckhunter27
    I keep mine covered when ever we are not in it main reason it stays alot warmer also keeps dirt out.
    +1
    Mike

18' Sharkline Oceanic
    Gorilla Pad
    Foam cove
    Confer 7200 ladder
    TF-100
    Use DE for your filter? DO NOT use anything but POOL GRADE DE!

4. Back To Top    #4

I am "height challenged" so it is difficult for me to get the thing on and off. Plus the Intex cover that came with the pool ripped when I tightened the string.

Is there an easier way to get the thing on and off (one person doing the job)?
    Pool Set up - May 2016
    Intex SWG

5. Back To Top    #5

Try solar cover, much easier to handle(big bubble wrap).
    Intex 16'x48"
    Intex sand filter, ozone SWG

6. Back To Top    #6

I had a cover for several years and it was so inconvenient, it was not replaced when it died. This was a 21 foot round bubble solar cover. The challenge for me was where to put it when it's not on the pool. Also, this a difficult item to move with one person. I sometimes miss the solar warming and I may get another one. I have more decking than I used to.

As for height challenged issue. I have cinder blocks in several strategic locations to make it easier to reach over the side wall.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

7. Back To Top    #7

If you mean the winter cover...NO...it comes off when we open in spring and goes on when we close in the fall. If you mean Solar Cover...that goes on after every swim day...just to keep heat in and bugs, leaves, etc out as much as possible.
    33' x 52" Swim and Play Inc. PARAGON AGP. Hayward H200 Heater. Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.5hp pump. Sta-Rite Cristal Flo T-210WF Sand Filter. Stenner 45M5 chlorine pump

8. Back To Top    #8

Got it... I was afraid I was supposed to heaving out that big ugly cover that came with my pool EVERY DAY.

TY
    Pool Set up - May 2016
    Intex SWG