Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New IG Pool in N. Houston

1. Back To Top    #1

New IG Pool in N. Houston

After a lot of planning we have decided to build a pool in our fairly small yard (Small due to 14' easement). Dig was supposed to start 8/16 but HOA had not approved the plan. Come to find out that HOA mail was stolen on 8/1 (they failed to notify anyone). My plans and $1500 deposit check were included in the stolen mail. The person who stole the mail washed the HOA name, replaced it and cashed it. So instead of digging last Friday I was dealing with police reports and bank managers to get my money back. Not a great start.
    After all that we went ahead and started Mon 8/19. Here are the specs (feel free to give your opinion, this is our first pool building experience)

Dimensions: 106 Perimeter ( I calculate approx. 16,000 gallons)
    Standard features:
    Anti-entrapment dual main drains
    Schedule 40 PVC plumbing
    Re-fill Line
    Hayward Variable speed pump
    1-15 Telescopic pole
    Leaf skimmer
    Brush
    Test kit
    Vac head & hose
    Steel:
    1/2 diameter steel rods are used on the 12 box beam
    3/8 diameter steel rods are used at walls and floor 8 on center
    Plumbing:
    2 skimmers- tied separate from main drains
    Schedule 40 PVC w/ 2 suction and 1-1/2 return lines
    Schedule 80 CPVC/ Heater and pump connections

Gas: Spa 8
    Heater connection all footage
    400,000 BTU heater
    1- LED light

Tile & Coping:
    Custom Cut Travertine coping
    Travertine Tile for the tile line

Water Features:
    Raised back wall with three 18 sheer decents

Electric:
    Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI)
    #8 ground wire from pool to equipment slab

Pumps / Filter / Cleaner:
    Variable speed pump for Pool (EcoStar)
    1hp Booster pump- water feature
    hp booster pump Cleaner
    Polaris 280 cleaner
    Hayward cartridge filter (cartridge 425)

Timer / Control System:
    Goldline Aqualogic computer controls
    Wireless waterproof remote

Lighting:
    2- LED light - Pool

Decking:
    Up to 400 sq ft of New Travertine Pavers
    Cap existing 611 sq ft with Travertine Pavers
    4 drains to street
    Drains heads position determined by the installer
    Tie in gutter downspouts by decking
    Tie in pool overflow

Plaster:
    Pebblesheen Tier 1 colors included

Cleanup:
    Clean up all construction debris
    Fix or Replace Fencing
    Attached Images Attached Images
    16K gal, IG gunite - pebble sheen aqua blue (filled 9/14/2013) , Hayward EcoStar pump, Hayward Tristar Waterfall pump, Hayward cartridge 425, Hayward Goldline Pro Logic PL-PS-8, Stenner Pump, and hayward tigershark qc.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New IG N. Houston Build (Not Trouble Free Yet)

Here are some pics....
    16K gal, IG gunite - pebble sheen aqua blue (filled 9/14/2013) , Hayward EcoStar pump, Hayward Tristar Waterfall pump, Hayward cartridge 425, Hayward Goldline Pro Logic PL-PS-8, Stenner Pump, and hayward tigershark qc.

3. Back To Top    #3

More Pics...

4. Back To Top    #4

Rebar and plumbing stub out was done yesterday.

Gunite today.

5. Back To Top    #5

Early start with gunite. The guys are really testing my neighbor's relationships by starting at 6am.

6. Back To Top    #6

Re: New IG Pool in N. Houston (Not Trouble Free Yet)

Looking good so far here! Any updated pics!!
    38'x24' freeform IG gunite, 26k gallons, 3.5' - 7'
    8t Moss rock waterfall with gunite slide
    SWCG, 2 x 2.7hp Hayward Tristar pumps, booster pump, 425 sqft cartridge, 400,000 BTU heater, Polaris Black Max 280, ProLogic PS8 & Aquapod

7. Back To Top    #7

Looks great ! You are going to LOVE the travertine. Great choice.
    17,000 inground gunite pool finished June 2013. Pentair variable speed something or another. Polaris cleaner, inline rainbow chlorinator. Using trichlor until CYA reaches 50-60.

8. Back To Top    #8

Re: New IG Pool in N. Houston

I have not had time to update this post but I will try to upload the most recent pictures. The pool was filled 9/14/13 and have just a few details left.

9. Back To Top    #9

10. Back To Top    #10

I really don't understand these huge easements in the Houston area. I can understand 5 foot but really 10 or 14 feet is just crazy. My backyard is 25 feet deep from the back of the house with a 10 foot easement.
    Approx 11K Gal. 10'X30' Semi free-form IG - 6 ' raised spa w/6 jets - 10' circle sun shelf with 1 bubbler - Waterfall - 3 / 1.5 HP pumps - Polaris 280 Cleaner - 3 Pentair Color LED Intellibrite Lights - Pentair 400K Master Temp - 2 Valve Actuators - 5 Fiberstar Mini Laminars - 1 Fiberstars 2004 Illuminator - 2 Skimmers - 6 Returns - Caribbean Blue Pebble Tech - 600+ sq ft kool decK - Auto Fill - 2 Boston Acoustics VOYA RK5 Outdoor Rock Speakers - 2 TIC Corporation TFS5CN 6.5-Inch 150-Watt Terra-Forms Rock Speakers - Apple Airport Express - 1 Awesome View.

11. Back To Top    #11

Nice pool btw!
    Approx 11K Gal. 10'X30' Semi free-form IG - 6 ' raised spa w/6 jets - 10' circle sun shelf with 1 bubbler - Waterfall - 3 / 1.5 HP pumps - Polaris 280 Cleaner - 3 Pentair Color LED Intellibrite Lights - Pentair 400K Master Temp - 2 Valve Actuators - 5 Fiberstar Mini Laminars - 1 Fiberstars 2004 Illuminator - 2 Skimmers - 6 Returns - Caribbean Blue Pebble Tech - 600+ sq ft kool decK - Auto Fill - 2 Boston Acoustics VOYA RK5 Outdoor Rock Speakers - 2 TIC Corporation TFS5CN 6.5-Inch 150-Watt Terra-Forms Rock Speakers - Apple Airport Express - 1 Awesome View.

12. Back To Top    #12

Most people in our neighborhood have a 7' easement and share the other 7' with the back neighbor. Since I back up to a retention pond I don't have a back neighbor but have all 14' easement.

13. Back To Top    #13

The pool looks beautiful! Love the water color.

Quote Originally Posted by gmgm55
    Most people in our neighborhood have a 7' easement and share the other 7' with the back neighbor. Since I back up to a retention pond I don't have a back neighbor but have all 14' easement.
    I'm exactly the same. I too have a 14' easement as I'm at the neighborhood boundary and it doesn't get shared. Fortunately it didn't affect me too much (though I am right up to it) but my neighbor wants to build a pool too and are struggling for space due to the easement.
    38'x24' freeform IG gunite, 26k gallons, 3.5' - 7'
    8t Moss rock waterfall with gunite slide
    SWCG, 2 x 2.7hp Hayward Tristar pumps, booster pump, 425 sqft cartridge, 400,000 BTU heater, Polaris Black Max 280, ProLogic PS8 & Aquapod

14. Back To Top    #14

Thank you for the compliments. We are very happy with pebble sheen aqua blue.

15. Back To Top    #15

I am just a lurker right now but wanted to let you know that I absolutely love your pool! Enjoy!
    Future IG Pool Owner!

16. Back To Top    #16

hi, what color is your travertine deck, coping and rised wall?
    37'x25', 28000gal, in-ground gunite peeblesheen pool.
    All Hayward equipment:
    525 cartridge filter, tristar filter pump 2HP, 400k H-series heater, 2 skimmers, chlorinator rainbow 320 w ozanation system and colorlogic led lights.
    Test kit Taylor 2006C

17. Back To Top    #17

Hello from Pearland TX,

Who was your pool builder? Pool looks great love the travertine.
    Completed 38'X21' IG Free form pool approx 18.5K gallons, sports pool w/spa and tanning shelf 3.5-5.5 ft. Jandy Cartridge Filter, Jandy stealth pumps, Jandy LXi Heater, I aqualink, Inline chlorinator. Click to see My Pool Build

18. Back To Top    #18

Wow that looks great !! I'll bet that's going to get some use !!
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

19. Back To Top    #19

Very pretty!
    Finally Done! - 21x34 IG, SWCG, depth - 3.6 - 4.6 - 6.6, Pentair IntelliFlow 3050 vs+svrs, 60 sq ft Pentair DE Filter, 400k BTU Heater, Polaris 280 w/.75 hp booster pump, Pentair EasyTouch wireless, 38 sq ft raised spa, wet edge Barbados quartz finish - ODK w/36 in Napoleon grill

20. Back To Top    #20

Looks great! What was the price tag on that beaut?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast