Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Fed up with Hayward Colorlogic

1. Back To Top    #1

Fed up with Hayward Colorlogic

My pool was built in 2009, and so far my Pentair Whisperflow pump, Aquarite salt system and Hayward Colorlogic light have failed....all in year 4, so not under warranty. I refuse to pay $1000 for another Colorlogic light that was supposed to last 100,000 hours, and want to replace it with a Hayward regular white light. What do I need to look out for when selecting one? As long as I replace it with a Hayward, it should fit the niche, right? I would appreciate any advice anyone can give me. Thanks so much!

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Fed up with Hayward Colorlogic

It would be nice to know which niche you have but it should be a standard niche and a regular pool light should fit.

On a side note: did all the equipment fail close to the same time? Sounds like a power issue for all of them to fail in the same year.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Fed up with Hayward Colorlogic, they didn't all fail at the same time, but within a few months of each other. If they had, I would have assumed a lightning strike, since I live in Florida. Bearings went out in the pump, circuit board in the salt system, and the light came on, blinked rapidly and then died forever.