1963 pool resurection

no worries Patrick. what I have done is dig a hole about 2 feet wide at about midpoint down to the bottom to see what it looks like. ill snap a couple shots so you can see. i only stopped at this point because I have no good place to keep the dirt coming out. I have 2 small children (4 & 6) and a dog. I could only imagine what they could do with giant piles of dirt/sand!
I do however have a neighbor with a trailer w/ dump capabilities. it will probably only hold a few yards but that should be enough for me to shuffle dirt around inside the pool to check for major damage.
I would ultimately prefer not to remove the dirt from the premises until I have satisfactorily proved that it can be remodeled. otherwise, if there are any major issues that change the game plan I will just grab a jackhammer and remove walls and coping and open the yard to a lawn for the kids/dog to enjoy.
dig? :cheers:

this is the middle of the pool. the chairs and table top are blocking a hole I dug to investigate. about 4 1/2' in that spot. this pool might be deep. 8-9' im guessing.

this is the deep end. that shed is probably covering up the pipes where the old equipment was. not sure yet. doesn't matter its all coming out anyway.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We are trying to locate old owner. It was original owner the guy is in his 80's at least if he's still around.
What do you mean by punch out the bottom?
I assume they would have put some holes in it to drain. I'm gonna have to do some patchwork here. No doubt about that.
Now if they broke out the bottom in a big way it might be a different story.
I am confident that they would not have left the coping and walls if they went to that much trouble.
We will have to wait and see...

Here's my two cents...

Hire a few guys to dig by hand in the presumed shallow end. Have then haul away dirt as they go. You can always pay for fresh fill dirt. Starting on the shallow end will tell you a lot faster if they trashed the entire pool bottom. It would be smart to also get some adequate fencing temporarily in place around the pool so that it is not a danger zone for the kids.

Sent via Tapatalk...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.