Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Compupool 24

1. Back To Top    #1

Compupool 24

Does anyone like dislike this model? I am looking to switch to a swg system. Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Compupool 24

I have the Compupool cpsc48. I have only had it installed for about 2 months. It has been producing chlorine nicely. Be aware many of these compupool units don't give the proper water temp or the proper salt reading. My unit often time indicates high salt even though the salt level is correct. Although the LED's go on from time to time it still continues to produce chlorine. Customer service at Compupool is very good, and if you do have a major problem they will replace your unit for you. You might want to consider a bigger unit for you pool so you don't have to run the pool pump so much. I think they are discontinuing the CPSC units and now making something similar, but new.
    21,500 Gallon Vinyl liner pool Eastern Pennsylvania
    Hayward 2 HP pump 2" Pvc pipes Full Sun Pool
    Hayward sand filter, Compupool CPSC 48 SWG
    12mil solar cover and reel

3. Back To Top    #3

Too small huh? The sales people told me it would be more than enough. Maybe I should return and buy a bigger one.

4. Back To Top    #4

We recommend buying a swg 1½ to 3 times the size of your pool. They are sized for 24 hour per day operation, so theoretically if you buy one exactly the size of your pool, you'll have to run it at 100% 24 hours a day to keep the FC up in the pool.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

How do I know if I need to switch from 240vac to 120vac?

6. Back To Top    #6

The only way to know that is to know what your current equipment is set up for. Does the pump have a single breaker or a dual breaker?
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump

7. Back To Top    #7

A dual breaker, however the voltmeter is reading 120v when i hold it to the load line. Just kinda confused never dealt with 240v before..

8. Back To Top    #8

To read 240 volts you need to read between the two hots of the breaker. You'll still read 120 between either hot and neutral or ground.

In that case the swg will need to be set up for 240 volts if you're planning on running the pump off it or running it with the pump.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator