Help---Pool light permanently affixed in pool

Jul 18, 2013
It all started with the pool lights not turning on (qty 2. X 500 watts). I noticed the gfi was tripped and then examined and found one of the light glass covers to be shattered, with pieces of glass in the pool and the housing flooded. No problem, I thought. I'll just remove the lens cover and then the housing. As I go underwater to do this I notice that when the previous owners of the house had the pool replastered a few years ago, the contractor plastered the light cover permanently into the surface. There is no way to remove the screw and take the faceplate off as the plaster goes flush to the edges. In fact, there is no screw in the hole and appears the plaster was holding it together all along. Any suggestions for next steps? the other light is perfectly fine and removeable. The contractor is of course refusing to do anything as I was not the owner of the house at the time and that this wouldn't be under "warranty".

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.