Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Pool Build Round Rock, TX!!!

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool Build Round Rock, TX!!!

Well, plans submitted and approved. Rainbow playscape removed. Fence removed. Layout done. Dig supposed to start Wednesday. We are excited to get this thing moving!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    35'x16' IG geometric with 8'x6' spa (16.5K gallons); White Diamond Pebblesheen w/Abalone Shells; Jandy 460 cartridge filter; Jandy 2HP E pump; Jandy 400K heater; Water Tech Blue Diamond Pro; TF-100 w/SpeedStir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Pool Build Round Rock, TX!!!

Looks great! Can't wait to see build progress!
    38'x24' freeform IG gunite, 26k gallons, 3.5' - 7'
    8t Moss rock waterfall with gunite slide
    SWCG, 2 x 2.7hp Hayward Tristar pumps, booster pump, 425 sqft cartridge, 400,000 BTU heater, Polaris Black Max 280, ProLogic PS8 & Aquapod

3. Back To Top    #3

Yep, post pics! I love seeing how much limestone they have to bust through putting those central Texas pools in.

4. Back To Top    #4

Yard's been painted!
    35'x16' IG geometric with 8'x6' spa (16.5K gallons); White Diamond Pebblesheen w/Abalone Shells; Jandy 460 cartridge filter; Jandy 2HP E pump; Jandy 400K heater; Water Tech Blue Diamond Pro; TF-100 w/SpeedStir

5. Back To Top    #5

I can't wait wait to see the progress of your pool and I love the design. It looks very similar to one we are hoping to build in Austin. We're still working on the plans with the builder. Would you mind sharing the name of your builder?

6. Back To Top    #6

Well, we actually interviewed and quoted six gunite builders...

Cody
    Texas Pool & Patio
    Premiere Pool & Spas
    OceanQuest
    Anthony & Sylvan
    California Pools

and one fiberglass

Leisure Pools through Premier Fiberglass

We decided to go with California Pools based upon the relationship, price, design, etc. Justin McGuire is the owner of CA Pools in Austin and he's been great. I also liked the fact that at least for now, he's owner and supervisor so I deal with only him!

7. Back To Top    #7

Is your pool going to be raised out of the ground slightly like the renditions suggest? If so i think that will be very neat, and will make for easy maintenance around the pool deck edges.
    18'x43' Sport Pool
    19,000 Gallons Vinyl Liner 3'-3.5'-4'
    SWCG and D.E. Filter
    Test Kits - Pool Calculator - Chlorine/CYA Chart - Pool School

Secret Weapon for Pool Chemistry Testing

8. Back To Top    #8

Yes it will be somewhat out of ground.

9. Back To Top    #9

Digging has begun! Hit rock a couple feet down so the hammering has commenced.

10. Back To Top    #10

I hope they hammer through your rock faster than they could mine. My dig in Austin took 2 1/2 weeks. Good Luck!
    43 x 19 Gunite Pool w/ spa and fire pit, 19,000 gallons, Pebble Sheen Aqua Blue finish, Jandy 2 HP VS E-pump, Jandy 580 sq ft Cartridge Filter, Jandy LXI 400k Heater, Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWCG, 4 Jandy LED color lights, Aqualink PDA and Iaqualink, Polaris 280 with Booster Pump. Polaris 9550 Robot Cleaner. 1 HP Silencer Air Blower for Spa http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...NAL-INSPECTION

11. Back To Top    #11

Looks like Barbie can't wait for the pool to be complete!
    Pool dig progress pictures need to update with final result!
    IG rectilinear 29,500 gal PebbleSheen
    Filter: Jandy CV580 Micro Media
    Pump: Jandy SHP 2.0hp
    Hayward Goldline SWG

12. Back To Top    #12

Lots o' limestone![attachment=0:alh2m7sh]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372897893.868492.jpg[/attachment:alh2m7sh]

13. Back To Top    #13

Awesome! Congrats on the start of the build! We are very close to signing a contract (down to a couple of builders in the Austin area). I was curious about your deck - are you going with pavers? If so, did you find any place locally where you can see some good examples of paver decks? We are interested in going that route, but can only find small samples and they are not of the paver we want (Belgard Mega Laffit or possibly Dublin).
    34x17 Freeform Gunite IGP and spa (approx 17k gal)
    Hayward 2HP/2SP TriStar Filter Pump & Tristar Booster
    ProLogic PS-8 and AquaPod
    400k Heater
    CLI Sunstone Quartz Plaster

14. Back To Top    #14

It looks like we are going with Belgrad Dublin Cobble. We've only seen samples thus far, but our builder just finished installing Dublin Cobble on a deck in Teravista that we're going to check out in the next week or so. Don't know when you have to make an official decision on the paver, but you're welcome to check ours out when its done.

Or, I'm sure our builder would be happy to let you check out his work if you selected him.

15. Back To Top    #15

Thanks for the offer! We'll need to make our decision soon I think so probably won't be able to wait that long. Hope your build goes well!
    400k Heater

16. Back To Top    #16

Starting to take shape!

17. Back To Top    #17

Well, we're going for the natural pond look. Our chemistry seems to be way off? Not sure why!

[attachment=2:3kbq8hj0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374023739.392532.jpg[/attachment:3kbq8hj0]
    [attachment=1:3kbq8hj0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374023760.488308.jpg[/attachment:3kbq8hj0]
    [attachment=0:3kbq8hj0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374023772.521520.jpg[/attachment:3kbq8hj0]

18. Back To Top    #18

Clearly you are not following the BBB method properly!!

I live in Cedar Park, but haven't been home this week. Sooo glad we are getting the rain.
    400k Heater

19. Back To Top    #19

Do you like the lazy river we have? I'm thinking of telling them to go ahead and gunite that in as well!

20. Back To Top    #20

Ha! Yeah! Nice addition! It does look like a typical Texas river
    400k Heater

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast