New Pool Build in Granbury Texas

I used a suction-cup mount. Specifically a Fat-Gecko Mini-Camera mount. I had a bunch of other little articulation pieces that I used to stretch it out even another 6" or so. I stuck it to a window on the second floor. Also, I have the extra battery back-pack. When using that with the included skeleton case you have access to the mini-usb port for charging through one of the openings in the case. You can then plug in a straight mini-usb charger and leave it running all day without worrying about battery issues. I just plugged the regular data cable into a spare apple charger cube I had.

I used a suction-cup mount. Specifically a Fat-Gecko Mini-Camera mount. I had a bunch of other little articulation pieces that I used to stretch it out even another 6" or so. I stuck it to a window on the second floor. Also, I have the extra battery back-pack. When using that with the included skeleton case you have access to the mini-usb port for charging through one of the openings in the case. You can then plug in a straight mini-usb charger and leave it running all day without worrying about battery issues. I just plugged the regular data cable into a spare apple charger cube I had.

That's great! I have a perfect backyard facing bedroom window on the second floor. I'm going to do this for sure. I've been intrigued with these cameras for a while, but now I have a really good reason to pull the trigger on one. Very cool. Thanks for the information.

Howdy,

Okay I have a question. I need to decide what kind of sleeves to put in the pull for the umbrellas and the volleyball poles. My PB has used mostly brass when near the water, and sometimes aluminum. I was searching around last night and saw some slick stainless steel ones on coolpoolproducts.com.

What do y'all think? What are your experiences with the different products?

Bryan

Well I went with the stainless steel sleeves mostly because I couldn't confirm what it was my builder was going to put in. Plus my neighbor complains about his umbrellas blowing out the sleeves often on the windy days. These sleeves have optional caps that fit on umbrellas poles and thread into the sleeves. We'll see how this expensive experiment actually pans out.

Now I'm on to two big (for me questions)

1) Should I add more light to the pool? Not necessarily to make it brighter, but to have different effects of lighting. Right now there is a Color Effects bubbler on the ledge which looks pretty lame when it's not bubbling if the lights are on. So I'd like to (A) add a Globrite to the shelf. Second, the PB missed where I'd drawn the light niche for the 5G and put it at the end of the pool rather than the side. I've gotten kind of fond of it there. I was thinking though of (B) another 5G-SPA or (C) Globrite at the opposite end of the pool amongst the stairs.

2) Looking at the pad it looks like the bubbler is the last on the manifold with the three sheer descents first after the main valve. I'd like to be able to turn on the water features independently (i.e. the descents and/or the bubbler). I think if I ask them to swap the last manifold connection with the first (i.e. the bubbler supply with the 1st descent), then I can put an actuator on the first manifold valve and (with a creative repositioning of the lever) either block all water into the manifold, block water downstream into the descents and allow the bubbler on, or block water into the bubbler and allow it on to the descents. Sound good?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Nope. Need a second actuator at the main valve to the manifold as well. Because I need the 4th option of having all the water features on and the valves are only 3 way. That's fine. My easy touch 8p has two aux actuator outputs.

I will be interested to see how it goes - Seahorse is supposed to start a remodel for me in the next couple of days. Looks like yours is going to be a beauty.

So far so good. As always, be around while they're working, but the subs have been pretty solid so far. Wild weather the last few weeks has been tricky for schedules, but c'est la vie.

So far so good. As always, be around while they're working, but the subs have been pretty solid so far. Wild weather the last few weeks has been tricky for schedules, but c'est la vie.

Great to hear that about the subs. The weather is just nuts. Last year on St. Patrick's day my kids were in the pool (it was still too cold for me). I guess at least I am not losing swim time if they get on it this week (fingers crossed).

So there was a few small work orders over the weekend to get some details straightened out. Mostly they're complete. Yesterday the electrician came by to bond the pool and run some conduit for the lights before gunnite (hopefully tomorrow). Inspection is today! Whoop

Day 3 - Electrical prep for inspection - http://youtu.be/ivmHChn5W70

Bit of a delay while I waited on a geotechnical engineer to come out. I wanted that soil analysis for the record since the pool is so close to both the house and lake.

It happened today. Ideal soil. So lots is going to happen Monday with the shell going in on Tuesday. Whoop. More videos soon.

Bryan

P.s. Kudos to LML Engineering of Arlington, TX. Very fast response and knowledgeable friendly service. Good price to.

Howdy All,

So here's day 4 of the build. It's more like day 15, but it's the 4th day real work has progressed. Most of the delay is weather or waiting on the engineer. I'm very happy with the pool builder!

Here's the time lapse. I took more a shot every 10 seconds this time instead of every 30 like last time. But I left it at 12fps.

Day 4 of Pool Build - Reinforcing Forms and Change Orders.

http://youtu.be/4cfSkN_uK8U

Tomorrow.... Gunnite!

Cheers.

What a day. And oh my God those gunite rigs are LOUD LOUD LOUD. 5 hours of got no work done at all in the home office. Fun watching though. Here's the vid.... I think. It's still 'processing' as I write this, but if it's a dead link tomorrow I'll try again.

Day 5 of Pool Build - Gunite has arrive!

http://youtu.be/8Y51xE4GqqE

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.