Barb about to make the foundation for my pool, any tips?

Re: im about to make the foundation for my pool, any tips?

See Casey.. I knew you were like me lol during mine this time he kept coming out "do you need anything".. I said "yup.. For you to go inside" lol

He isn't allowed to touch :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YES! YES! YES! :mrgreen: I do believe I told him that the central air was thatta way! *after I threw my shovel*

Please, leave me alone! I don't need your smarty pants commentary on HOW MUCH WORK THIS IS! Gosh... dontja think I know this! :grrrr:

I think your husband and my hisband need to go have a beer.... Lol

No... I think they need to watch the kids so WE can have a beer! :mrgreen:

Now thats what I am saying!! And since Barb's husband is doing it all... We drag her too lol

We will comfort Barb over a beer! :mrgreen:

Maybe I can bring yinz back to my house... and well... you know... I have a couple shovels! We can take turns dumping the wheelbarrow! :mrgreen: :cheers:

He he he!! :cheers: Hellava job Casey!! You go girl! I did take some pics tonight, I will try to post them. Not sure if I can from my iphone. Also not sure if you'll be able to see where my issue is.

Ok, not working. I'm gonna have to get pics to desktop and try it that way. Btw as I type this it is pouring! Lord know what kind of mess we will have out there in morning! But maybe there will be a sign!

I also canceled the birthday pool party on the 6th for my nephew. Don't want to risk anyone getting hurt because of structural failure!!!!

It's been raining here since Monday evening. Down pour after down pour! :evil:

You want rain? Come here.... Neverending the next 10 days *sigh*

null-21.png

New issue! I posted in the leak thread:
Hi everyone, I finally got my ground level and began the install on my 16x32 ultra frame. Same thing but different happened to us. We filled to about 1 foot and saw a puddle. I pushed on the pool to sorta lift it and saw water running, not gushing, but moving. It is nowhere near the drains. I tried the food coloring along a seam in the area I saw the water underneath. That didnt work! I guess it could be anywhere! This has been such a hard job, we have had the pool for a month before we even took it out of the box, because of unlevel ground. Renting all kinds of equipment to try to level, and then back breaking work, not to mention putting this big thing together!!! I don't know what to do at this point. I can't even put it back in the box, I don't have the box because the day it was delivered it was pouring out. We figured it was a pool, pools get wet, plus it was heavy so we left it outside until we had ground ready. It's just been such a labor of love/hate, ha ha ha!! Does anyone have any ideas what we try? Or should I just call Walmart? But I have no idea where the leak is. I bought it online at Walmart.com. $1499. And it's on sale now for $999.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If it were me, I'd get in and scour every square inch of the bottom of the pool. It's tedious work but better than leveling! :mrgreen:

That's the plan, but in process of draining it, in hopes it will be easier to find. Uuuggghhhh!

Do you know if the rods that connect the u supports to the bottom are to be under the pool until it fills? Seems to me that might be the culprit. But I don't see any way for them not to be underneath. We pulled them out in order to connect them but as it was filling the bottom (wall meets floor) bulged out over rods.

I have no idea. I'm sorry I can't help you with the rods and structure of that pool.

What I can suggest to you is to get some food coloring and get in the pool and go around every seam with the food coloring. If the food coloring gets sucked out, you find your hole! I've also heard of others pulling the pool back and exposing the bottom with one person pulling and the other person looking at the underside of the pool to see if they can see light through the hole.

It's not uncommon for these pools to have a sliver cut in them. Take your time and scour the bottom to look for it.

Thanks, I did try the food coloring early this morning. But all it does is make a cloud and I tried to wait until there is no wake from me walking around, but it just sits there.

(I'm on PC now, I will try to upload some pics.)

[attachment=1:3r04dsok]photo (2).JPG[/attachment:3r04dsok]
This is the site, to the bottom right is where my issue was.
[attachment=0:3r04dsok]photo (3).JPG[/attachment:3r04dsok]

Attachments

• photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 61
  • photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 53
  • photo (3).JPG
    photo (3).JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 52
Here is the leak, and you can't see the rod. This is the long side of pool.
[attachment=2:393ns1ym]photo (6).JPG[/attachment:393ns1ym]

Here is the rod showing at the end of the pool.
[attachment=1:393ns1ym]photo (7).JPG[/attachment:393ns1ym]

Pool draining.
[attachment=0:393ns1ym]photo (11).JPG[/attachment:393ns1ym]

Attachments

• photo (6).JPG
    photo (6).JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 51
  • photo (7).JPG
    photo (7).JPG
    35 KB · Views: 51
  • photo (11).JPG
    photo (11).JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 51
You just need to get in and look very closely at the area that is puddling on the outside. Check your seams first and then the bottom.

It sure does look like it's leaning though! But it must be the angle I took pic. Btw, I'd glad we're draining it. Hubby swore to me that he would be able to put the 15" x 15" blocks under the supports while it was filling. In my mechanical mind, I didn't see how that was possible! Umm let's see, the supports are called supports because they support the wall of the pool that is filled with water and keep it up right. So he went out this morning (didn't believe me when I told him it was leaking) and attempted to dig out under the support to put the blocks in. Well, that is almost impossible, there is no way to tell if the block is level with the foam under the pool! So now he will be able to do what I suggested as usual!

The problem was, there are no measurements any where in the instructions other than the size of the pool and the size of support pads required. So he didn't know where to put them until the pool was up. He said he didn't know if once the pool started to fill if it would extend out more. But imo that's why they stated 15 x 15" pads.

Back to square 1.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.