Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Best Way to Add Bleach?

1. Back To Top    #1

Best Way to Add Bleach?

With an in ground pool, is the best place to add bleach directly into the skimmer with the filter running??

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 using Tapatalk
    16 x 32 In-Ground vinyl, 21,000 Gallons, Hayward Cartridge Filter, Hayward Tiger Shark robotic cleaner, Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2
    East Texas

Re: Best Way to Add Bleach?

We recommend pouring in front of a return eyeball-----preferably aimed up to the top of the water a bit to ripple it.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

What woody said works great !!
    16,000 IG, SWG, 175 sq. ft. cartridge, 1.5 hp pump, vinyl, Charlotte NC
    TF-100, Pool School, Pool-Calc

4. Back To Top    #4

San Jose, CA

With 4 returns, I put about 35% and 35% in front of the two deep end returns, 20% in front of the shallow end return, and 10% in front of the shamu-shelf (super-shallow) return. I've also tried pouring continuously around the edge of the water, still putting most of it in the deep end. Thoughts?
    (I also dunk the chlorine bottle a bit after I'm done, to get rid of any drips).
    Filled 5/1/2013! 36k gallon 20x40 IG with 7x7 spa, FinestFinish, AquaMatic cover, All Pentair: Clean&Clear 520 sqft cartridge filter, Intelliflow 4x160 variable speed pump, 2 HP whisper flow spa jet pump, 400k BTU MasterTemp heater, Letro Platinum pool cleaner, Rainbow 320 chlorine feeder, Pac Fab Bermuda skimmer
    More details: pics-new-pb-20x40-ig-gunite-7x7-spa-7x7-shamu-shelf-t54952.html

5. Back To Top    #5

Into a skimmer works pretty well, too. I like to do that in the hope that any algae that might be hiding out in my filter is gonna get really zapped.
    16x32 Oval In-ground Vinyl, ~17,000 gallons, Hayward 1hp Superpump, Hayward S245T Sand Filter

Worn out sand? sand-filter-expert-help-t30049.html
    Drain the easy way: cyanuric-acid-blues-draining-pool-t43843.html , pool-school/chlorine_cya_chart_shock , pool-school/shocking_your_pool