Deco drain or channel drain?

vanibrown

LifeTime Supporter
May 21, 2011
Tampa, FL
Hey all
Went to the paver showroom today and have to decide on deco drain or channel drain. Channel drain is about $300 more. We will have a screen and obviously a gutter on the screen so any opinions on which one?

Deco drain does not have removable grates, the channel drain does - wondering if everyone cleans theirs a lot? We won't have to clean out leaves etc. It DOES drain more water, and we DO live in Florida where it rains a lot. Anyone in the South run into the deco drain not being enough drainage?

VB,
We're in South FL.
Our drain runs along part of the back of the house wall at the base where it meets the pool patio, and along the outside edge of our covered patio, probably about 50 feet in total.
It's been there 25 years, long before we moved in, and to my knowledge no one has ever tried to remove it or clean it.
I don't even know if the top is removable. I don't think it is.
We've had storms and hurricanes, and I've always seen the runoff water exiting out the opposite ends of the drain into the garden beds that surround the pool and patio. Our house has neither flooded nor sunk into the wet sandy soil either!
Hope that helps.
Alan

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.