6 Jets.... 2 not blowing air?

gocubs418

May 3, 2016
Dallas/TX
All,

I have 6 jets in my hot tub, with my blower off, only 4 jets blow air, occasionally it looks like it sputters. When I turn the blower ON, all jets shoot something out, however, the ones that previously didn't have a jet, bubble immediately out of the outlet so it shoots water out of my hot tub.

I cleaned my cartridge filter today and tried the hot tub jets and it did not change. Still only 4 of 6 are working.

Is this something a professional will have to fix?

Give us some background. This a new problem? You have had the pool for 2 years, have these 2 jets ever worked properly? When did the problem start?

Likely one of 2 problems, the jets might have some debris behind them keeping them from functioning properly, or they might not be seated fully. Check for tightness

Give us some background. This a new problem? You have had the pool for 2 years, have these 2 jets ever worked properly? When did the problem start?

The two jets almost have a suction feel to them, I can feel the jet almost passing by the outlet when I put my finger in there.

The jets have definitely worked before. I just noticed the problem the last time I was in the hot tub. Unsure exact time.

I thought high speed + blower would maybe fire out the clog, but it doesn't seem to have done it, some of the working jets will start to sputter as it is running.

from left to right if you are staring at the hot tub, it goes working>none>working>none>working>working

All,

I have 6 jets in my hot tub, with my blower off, only 4 jets blow air, occasionally it looks like it sputters. When I turn the blower ON, all jets shoot something out, however, the ones that previously didn't have a jet, bubble immediately out of the outlet so it shoots water out of my hot tub.

I am confused about exactly what you are seeing.

Are we talking about air or water not coming out of the jets?

When you turn the blower on you get air out of the two problem jets or water out of them or water with bubbles?

I am confused about exactly what you are seeing.

Are we talking about air or water not coming out of the jets?

When you turn the blower on you get air out of the two problem jets or water out of them or water with bubbles?

I am not getting water out of the jets.

When I turn on the blower, I am only getting air.

I think that is what I am trying to communicate.

Do you know the specific model jets you have?

I think two of them are not seated properly. We recently had someone else with similar jet problems and when he figured out how to remove them and reset them they worked. Some jets require a special installation tool.

With your pool only 2 years old, can you call your PB? It may be an easy service visit.

I think two of them are not seated properly. We recently had someone else with similar jet problems and when he figured out how to remove them and reset them they worked. Some jets require a special installation tool.

With your pool only 2 years old, can you call your PB? It may be an easy service visit.

Unfortunately, I do not know the model of jet.

The PB will be back to replace my iAquaLink board this week, I will have him take a look at the jets quickly.

Likely one of 2 problems, the jets might have some debris behind them keeping them from functioning properly, or they might not be seated fully. Check for tightness

Looks like there was some blockage in the jets, tech got them fixed up when he was out repairing my iAqualink.

Thank you all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.