Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How do I get this out of my pool?

1. Back To Top    #1
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

How do I get this out of my pool?

16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

2. Back To Top    #2
    DFW, Texas

Re: How do I get this out of my pool?

Now that is some serious debris!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Elverson Pa.

Saw that on the news today also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Twin Cities, MN

Not sure you need to...looks like a new pool toy to me
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

5. Back To Top    #5
    SW Louisiana

I feel sorry for them, the worst I ever had in my pool was one of these:

It's front bumper went through the liner so there was not a big fight to clean up the water at least (it was a different model year with a bar style bumper), the scuff marks from it going in are still on the coping. The real amazing thing about the whole incident is it just cleared the double french doors (well the doorway), sheered the doors off at the hinges, but did not break the glass panes.

p.s. It looks like these things happen much more often than you would think, while googling the video shown above I found 2 other incidents of cars in pools in the last 2-3 weeks, one other in California and one in a hotel pool in Florida.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

6. Back To Top    #6

Grand Rapids, Michigan

I seen this on the news, too. Somehow I just knew it would show up here. Thanks for not letting me down Richard320!
    17,500 gal. ABG Doughboy Pool
    1/2 HP Pump/150 sq.ft. Cartridge Filter
    TF100 Test Kit And Speedstir

7. Back To Top    #7
    Mandeville, Louisiana

He will need a much bigger Polaris!
    Gunite/Plaster pool at 13k gallons. All Jandy with CL340 series cartridge filter, 1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump. Jandy 1400 SWCG and PDA4 controller. Dual waterfalls. Polaris 280. Pool installed August 2012. Southern Louisiana. And lets not forget my trusty TF100 test kit!

8. Back To Top    #8

Central Massachusetts

Nothing the shock process couldn't handle! Might just take an extra week....
    26,000 gal 18x36' IG Vinyl Pool - Hayward S244T Sand filter - Hayward Tri-star 2-speed 1.5HP pump - Goldline Aqua Plus SWCG and Controller with Tcell-15 - Aquacomfort 125K BTU Heatpump - Hayward Color Comfort 4.0 LED - Zodiac MX8 suction cleaner - TF100 test kit
    My Build thread

9. Back To Top    #9
    SW PA

I think all houses sold with pools should come with a Pool Fax!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

10. Back To Top    #10

I believe he should have his pool tested for metals. But that's just my (non-professional) gut feeling.
    19x43 Inground Vinyl Pool, approx 22 years old, no main drain, 2 (lopsided!) skimmers, 2 returns.
    1 HP Pentair Superflow Pump
    27" Hayward Sand Filter
    AutoPilot SWCG
    Aquabot T-4 Cleaner

11. Back To Top    #11
    Eastern Ohio

Sad thing, my first thought was how cloudy the water looks.

12. Back To Top    #12

The first thing you need to do is get yourself a proper test kit...
    16' x 37' Rectangular Guinite Pool w/ autocover 21,000 gallons.