Just received my new Hayward DE 3620

I have posted some pics to make it clear what I want to do....I found a multiport for $92 + free shipping....should I just go with that. Just trying save $$.

Attachments

• photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 24
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 24
It is pretty rare that the multiport for different filters will line up between brands (and the threads on the union fittings may be different as well). Likely you will need to get a new one.

I went ahead and ordered the multiport. I often think I have too much PVC for my system. Is there a schematic to show how to re-plumb so that I could minimize the amount of plumbing I have? When the pool company installed the 1st SWG about 6 years ago, the above pics is what it looked like. Or is what I have normal?

Your pad does not look too bad for plumbing ... straight pieces of pipe add little head loss, the number of turns is a bigger hit. Using larger pipe and fittings on the pad will reduce the head loss more than removing a couple turns.

But, if things are working fine, I would not worry about it.

See the valve directly in front of the new filter. When we moved in in '02, that was connected to an old bucket-style SWG. Could I just cut it about 3" from ground on both ends and cap both. It just gets in the way sometimes and I like for it to be gone but it is apart of the plumbing and I don't want to mess it up

You can not cut and cap it if water is travelling through it on the way back to the pool. But if that loop is supplied through a different valve that you now keep closed, then you could remove it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.