Soil Injections

Jun 5, 2013
Does anyone know much about soil injections??? I live in Fort Worth, TX are the injections needed??

Finalizing my design tomorrow!! Getting closer. I never knew how long the pool building process would take.

While I don't know, I wouldn't think injections would be needed in Fort Worth. However localized conditions will dictate such criteria. I'd talk to the county engineer and see what they say.

Is this an inground pool?

Nurse Barkley,

I live in the Castle Hills development in southern Denton County. Most of our neighborhood is in a vein of very unstable clay soil that runs south of us into Las Colinas. Almost every pool that is built in our neighborhood has soil injections and many have piers.

You should get a soil report for your lot because the need is unique even from lot to lot. The pool we are about to build will have both soil injections and piers but my neighbor across the street only needs soil injections. Our developer had soil testing done on every lot so we were able to get a report from them. Whoever built your home may have had a soil report performed before they poured your slab. That has become pretty common practice in north Texas in the last 10 years or so. It would be worth a call to the builder because it could save you some money.

My pool builder engages an engineer in reviewing the pool design and the soil report and I get a copy of the engineers recomendation before we finalize the plan.

I'm probably skittish because of were I live but I wouldn't feel comfortable finalizing a pool project in our area without a soil report.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.