Grand Rapids, Michigan
Just opened. YEA! Here's my numbers from my TF100

FC 5
CC .5
PH 7.4
ALK 130
CH 160
CYA 40

I plan on adding 192 oz of 12.5% bleach to get to a suggested 16ppm shock level to knock out my CC. This is my third year with you guys but I still need some hand holding! Should I get my CH up a bit even though I have a vinyl lined pool? What's your opinion on my ALK and should I try to inch that down before I raise the chlorine? Thanks all!

Excellent! Good on ya for getting a good kit. :goodjob:

Is your water green or cloudy? If not, there is no reason for you to shock. Your TA will come down with acid additions. Just keep knocking your pH down to 7.2 with acid and eventually, your TA will settle in. Anyhoo, if your water looks good, go swimming. :)

Water is crystal clear. (Thanks to TFP) Will re-visit the Pool Calculator for acid additions. The CC just bugs me though! Supossed to start storming & raining here for the next three days. Nice, huh? Would love to go swimming 257 but I live in Michigan--the water is still a bit chilly! Don't have the pleasure of all that Texas sun! Anyhoo, thanks all for the quick response. I just love this site.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.