Convert from baqu to chlorine

As JohnN says, don't even consider the strips, they are misleading and will only confuse you.

Also the cya for the colorq has been shown to be unreliable.

If it were me, I would stick with the tf-100 since that has been shown to be the most repeatable (if you do some searching).

Ok. Last night did another overnight FC test. At 830 pm FC was 7 and TC 0.5. At 630 this morning FC was 6 and TC 0.5. Good results. So why am I still losing tons of chlorine during the day. I am using stabilized granular dichlor some of the time and liquid chlorine some of the time as I didn't want to build up too much CYA. The reading on CYA 2 days ago was 43. So this morning FC was 6 but by the time evening comes it will be 1 or lower. What do I do?

chances said:
Ok. Last night did another overnight FC test. At 830 pm FC was 7 and TC 0.5. At 630 this morning FC was 6 and TC 0.5. Good results. So why am I still losing tons of chlorine during the day. I am using stabilized granular dichlor some of the time and liquid chlorine some of the time as I didn't want to build up too much CYA. The reading on CYA 2 days ago was 43. So this morning FC was 6 but by the time evening comes it will be 1 or lower. What do I do?

Anyone???

JohnN said:
What do you mean your K-2006 only has TC? It measures FC and CC. It doesn't have a test for TC. I think you mean CC is .5, which is good.

YES you're right..I was thinking of the Lamotte test kit. I'm getting my sand changed out tomorrow and using zeo instead.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.