Borax and SWG

UN1017 said:
Sure. The pH buffering effects are particularly useful. I just borated a couple weeks ago and so far so good.

Ah Haa. Perhaps this will help with the acid usage. I've been dumping in a gallon per week just to keep it in check. How much borax did you use in your 15K pool?

If your going to add borates it's easier if you use boric acid. The first year I did the Borax and acid route, the following year I did boric acid. Much easier. I've got a 17 K pool.

Here's my story: boric-acid-the-easy-way-t38793.html?hilit=boric%20acid

Poolcaculator.com will give you the answer.

and according to the pool calculator: 55 lbs or 11.6 (76 oz) boxes of Borax would be needed to go from 0 to 50

Liteguy said:
UN1017 said:
Sure. The pH buffering effects are particularly useful. I just borated a couple weeks ago and so far so good.

Ah Haa. Perhaps this will help with the acid usage. I've been dumping in a gallon per week just to keep it in check. How much borax did you use in your 15K pool?
Borates are by no means required for a swg pool, but they can help. More importantly, what is your TA at?

linen said:
Liteguy said:
UN1017 said:

Borates are by no means required for a swg pool, but they can help. More importantly, what is your TA at?

Untested as of today, just getting setup for the season, accidentally fell in and the pool was ball numbing cold for our climate here in AZ-My wife was laughing hysterically, dog too.

linen said:
Liteguy said:
UN1017 said:

TA today is 110

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.